IGNORED

Elansar, Philia & Yopaz reprint for Jaguar CD !

Orion_

My 2 adventure games Elansar & Philia, as well as my Puzzle game Yopaz Icestar, are available again for Jaguar CD !

I made reprint due to popular demands, hope you enjoy these games if you don't have them already :)

Elansar

capt1.jpgcapt2.jpg

http://orionsoft.free.fr/retroshop/elansar_jagcd.htm

Philia: the Sequel to Elansar

philia_scr1_s.jpgphilia_scr2_s.jpg

http://orionsoft.free.fr/retroshop/philia_jagcd.htm

Yopaz IceStar

yopaz_jag_2.pngyopaz_jag_3.png
http://orionsoft.free.fr/retroshop/yopaz_jagcd.htm

Edited by Orion_
  • Like 6

From what I gather from twitter, Orion is moving away from the jaguar due to bigger and more complicated projects that wouldn't work well on the jaguar

Kind of sad, he's an awesome developer... would love to see more Jaguar games. I especially love these kinds of games, they're Myst-like, but particularly happy that they play well on the cartridge. I wish I could have gotten Philia on cartridge, but it just wasn't to be. I wasn't going to spend $300+ bucks on a cart.

Are these reprints CD-R?

Yes, according to the e-mail he sent out to his distro they are. But I believe it still comes with the manuals and everything. His original releases on CD were glass-mastered.

Kind of sad, he's an awesome developer... would love to see more Jaguar games. I especially love these kinds of games, they're Myst-like, but particularly happy that they play well on the cartridge. I wish I could have gotten Philia on cartridge, but it just wasn't to be. I wasn't going to spend $300+ bucks on a cart.

really, well I missed that one!

Ithought that was just cd. I know he made Alice Mom's rescue on a cart in very low quantities

Yes, according to the e-mail he sent out to his distro they are. But I believe it still comes with the manuals and everything. His original releases on CD were glass-mastered.

Philia was but Elansar wasn't. If this reprint was glass mastered I would buy another copy but I'm not terribly worried because I have the CD-R release and the cartridge.

really, well I missed that one!

Ithought that was just cd. I know he made Alice Mom's rescue on a cart in very low quantities

Philia was but Elansar wasn't. If this reprint was glass mastered I would buy another copy but I'm not terribly worried because I have the CD-R release and the cartridge.

Yeah, I'm confused... I just looked at my games and Philia and Alice Mom's Rescue are definitely glass-mastered, the other two (Yopaz and Elansar) look like they could be CD-Rs...

I have Elansar on cartridge though. I think I meant Alice Mom's Rescue on cart also.... that was the one he was selling 4 of.

Philia and Alice are glass mastered.

Elansar and Yopaz and this reprint Philia are CD-R

because, you must understand that glass master needs 300 CD unit produced minimum, and it's too much for a niche like the Jaguar,

for example I still have more than 200 Alice CD remaining, and seems like nobody wants it anymore, so this will probably end up in trash someday.

Edited by Orion_

Philia and Alice are glass mastered.

Elansar and Yopaz and this reprint Philia are CD-R

because, you must understand that glass master needs 300 CD unit produced minimum, and it's too much for a niche like the Jaguar,

for example I still have more than 200 Alice CD remaining, and seems like nobody wants it anymore, so this will probably end up in trash someday.

I know it's probably a pain in the butt to sell them on eBay one-by-one, but you should sell them to RGC and some of the other retail outlet businesses. Whatever you do, don't dump them all in one auction. I might pick up another in another couple of days, but I'm renovating my house right now so... pinching pennies.

still have more than 200 Alice CD remaining, and seems like nobody wants it anymore, so this will probably end up in trash someday.

Never trash them, you have invested in it, so don't waste your money. People with an Jag-CD will find it, there are still a lot of Jaguar users out there who only search the ebay for there games and not searching on these forums.

I enjoy Alice, I think my brother buys one in the near future.

Never trash them, you have invested in it, so don't waste your money. People with an Jag-CD will find it, there are still a lot of Jaguar users out there who only search the ebay for there games and not searching on these forums.

I enjoy Alice, I think my brother buys one in the near future.

+1.

Look at KA Cars. They had problems getting rid of it for 60 bucks, now the few out there goes for 180 bucks.

Keep 20 to sell one-by-one. Put the rest in a box in your basement and wait 5 years, grab 30 and sell them and so forth. This is a new game in a retro world, wait UNTIL the game is retro a couple of years into the future, and it will sell. See it as a longer investment and don't be let down by first wave.

The only plus if you threw them in the trash will be that the prices of the few that exist will sky rocket in these "retrofying years". But you should gain of that, no one else. And don't give up on the Jag!! The cd add-ons are selling all the time back and forth!

Edited by Atlantis
  • Like 1