IGNORED

Magnavox Odyssey "Hadeaus War!" homebrew

djfurreh

I started working on this game a year ago, the name of the game is Hadeaus War! and so far I finished the Box, Concept, Instructions ... also the game will be played on Cards 2 & 3 (this may be changed as development moves foreword)

So far the game includes (also shows date the current status was reached):

Game Playing Cards (done) - Dec. 19, 2014
Overlay (Designed. but not yet printed) June 11, 2015
Game Board (Being Designed) July 14, 2015
Dice (Done) Jan. 9, 2015
Game Board Pieces (Almost Done) July 14, 2015
Game Play Money (Being Printed) July 16, 2015
Instructions (Done) July 5, 2015

I'll keep things updated here

Edited by djfurreh
  • Like 4

Update ... I decided the game doesn't need an overlay. the game will still play the same without it ... and also it will cut the cost when it is released ... I hope you all understand ...

Actually ... on second thought ... If you want an overlay I'll post it here and you can print it if you want.

Overlay

post-35527-0-44669300-1437160609_thumb.png

Edited by djfurreh

There will be 2 versions. a Special Limited Edition and Standard Edition

Standard Edition Includes:

• Standard Classic "Odyssey" Box
    post-35527-0-68665500-1437162606_thumb.png
  • Instructions
  • Reference Guide
  • Game Board
  • (1) Die
  • (6) Country Cards
  • Infantry Pieces
  • Calvary Pieces
  • Airship/Zeppelin Pieces
  • Naval Ship Pieces
  • Play Money
  • Imported Resource Tokens
  • Domestic Resource Tokens

Special Limited Edition includes:

• Special Edition "Odyssey" Box
    post-35527-0-48645900-1437163155_thumb.png
  • Instructions
  • Signed Reference Guide
  • Special Comic Book
  • Game Board
  • (1) Die
  • (6) Country Cards
  • Infantry Pieces
  • Calvary Pieces
  • Airship/Zeppelin Pieces
  • Naval Ship Pieces
  • Play Money
  • Imported Resource Tokens
  • Domestic Resource Tokens

At this moment ... I plan on releasing it in Spring 2016 ... if things change I'll let you all know

I'm really sorry for making so many posts on here, but I need to ask, how many people want a copy when this game is released... also please add if you'd like the Standard or Special Edition (the Special Edition will cost more, the amount for either game is still unknown) ... I need to know so I know how many I need to print. Thank you :3

Edited by djfurreh

for the First run ... 4 more SEs left and 10 STs left

still aiming for the release date being next spring. all those who PMed me and replied here, I marked you down on a list. and I'll let you know when it is released and the cost ... thank you so much for the support :3

Update ... Working on getting the molds for the game pieces made and then making the pieces ... I have an artist commissioned for the special comic book (PS. This comic may be too violent for some it depicts scenes of war and mild blood and gore) ... I bought a bunch of dice in bulk for the game and for the resource pieces ... Idk what to make them look like yet.... I'm thinking just colored chips that match the players color so the can place it on the resources they hold claim to.

Also. I have been taking a small break from development ... I went on vacation with my fiance and I recently returned. Still feeling a little overwhelmed ... But I still want to get this released for y'all ... Also ... All the military game pieces will be made by me from recycled melted-down soda cans ... So ... Yayyy recycling :)

Also, for those without an Odyssey ... I'm planning on making a Non-Odyssey Version as well. I won't post much on that here for this is not the place ... Ill keep that updated on my blog

• Like 1

I hate to inform this but ... I will probably not be able to ship this game outside of the US. So, to those who are outside of the US and wanted one ... please PM and I'll work something out so that you can still receive the game

Edited by djfurreh

So far My list of people who want the game is as follows.

Special Edition - First Run - SOLD OUT

1. Hyperboy - SE
  2. Swlovinist - SE
  3. Blazing Lazers - SE
  4. Uppy - SE
  5. retrogmr - SE
  6. Zookeeper - SE
  7. Dastari Creel - SE
  8. Anonymous Buyer - SE
  9. Colorado Rockie - SE
  10. Retrogamer72 - SE

since the first run is sold out ... I'm making a list for the Second Run...

Special Edition - Second Run - 8 slots remaining

1. stupus - SE (SR)
  2. mckafka99 - SE (SR)

Standard Edition - First Run - 7 slots remaining

1. Anonymous Buyer - ST
  2. stupus - ST
  3. rpgcollector - ST
  4. Empty - ST
  5. Empty - ST
  6. Empty - ST
  7. Empty - ST
  8. Empty - ST
  9. Empty - ST
  10. Empty - ST

Thank You all so much for your support ... I never thought I'd get this many people wanting it :) ... I'm pushing to try and get it released on May 20th, 2016 but that may change.

Edited by djfurreh

• 1 month later...

hey people, been a while since I updated on progress ...I was originally going to go with generic looking Monopoly style play money, but instead, I decided to make it similar to real currency as in it will have the image of a leader on it and other designs and a decorative reverse.

Here are the final drawings for the leaders that will appear on the front of the $1 and $5 for the game.

post-35527-0-26225100-1441693691_thumb.jpg

other than that my Odyssey quite working so Ive been a little bummed out trying to fix that ...

I also started recording a "How to play" video that I will post on my youtube account on release day.

I should also add that this game can be played using any pong console with a "tennis" game option.

so ... as of now ... the game is done ... all that remains is the printing process and game piece production ... I really hope you all enjoy the game when released :3

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This looks cool, don't has a odyssey tho :P

I'm also Designing a table top, non-Odyssey version of the game. it wont be released until later though.

Also, things have been on hold for a bit because ... my Printer has no ink so I cant print the play money and stuff and I can't find a place nearby that will print the box template. but the game is done ... I just need to print it