Rolo

New: VECTREX Joystick Kit for sale

I'm a bit ashamed to admit that my kit is still in the box...

Anybody offering a plug and play case?

if you have access to the 3D printer then you can print your own case.

See here:

VecJoy case on Thingiverse by creator Minestorm for Rolo's Vectrex joystick kit.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2272425

7012b5394ef41a60901ff74106940b0e_preview

Edited by Vectrexer
  • Like 1

I finished assembling the kit I purchased. I made several modifications but they were fairly easy thanks to how customizable this kit is. Everything controls great and I'm really enjoying the auto fire. If I ever made another, I would do a few things differently. I would make my overlay matte instead of glossy, it is a real fingerprint magnet. Thank you Rolo for a great kit. I really enjoyed building it but will enjoy using it that much more.

That is one slick looking controller! :grin:

Kirchhoff: If I ever made another, I would do a few things differently.

That's my problem, too. Each time I make something, I have some ideas to modify or maybe to improve. ;)

On the one hand it's good, to make things better, on the other hand it's generating a bunch of differnet versions with incompatibilities. Even if only mechanical, not good for a universal case, for example.

Thank you everybody for showing your individual Vectrex-controllers! :)

Great work!

See here:

VecJoy case on Thingiverse by creator Minestorm for Rolo's Vectrex joystick kit.

See here:

Thanks , I will check if someone can help me print ut :)

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but is there any plans for a 4th run? I know the timing is horrible right now, considering all the worldwide madness going on at the moment, though I remain hopeful. I'd buy 2 kits at least, maybe 3. :)

This is such an awesome kit, it's a shame more weren't made. I know ordering these PCBs from a fab shop probably takes a lot of time, money and energy, so I can understand if Rolo isn't feeling up to doing it a 4th time. If that's the case, it would be awesome if the gerbers were made available to vectrex fans at some point, to get a couple boards fabbed up on your own.. Just as long as you don't profit off of it.

Unfortunately, this might be the only analog controller kit that was ever made available to begin with.. I really can't think of any others, but I may be wrong.

Seems like there's a ton of digital kits out there, that's for sure (not that there's anything wrong with that). 😅 However, I'm an avid analog fan & user.. I still have my original diy controller made with this kit, built a couple years ago, which I use almost exclusively to play Vectrex, so I'd love to build a couple more, or perhaps do another dual stick type controller. Anyways, fingers crossed for a 4th. :)  Cheers!

20200411_024248.jpg

Edited by SiLic0ne t0aD
:)

5 hours ago, SiLic0ne t0aD said:

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but is there any plans for a 4th run? I know the timing is horrible right now, considering all the worldwide madness going on at the moment, though I remain hopeful. I'd buy 2 kits at least, maybe 3. :)

I still have mine I never built and would pass along at this point.

I haven't followed closely but I think it is the second version.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2020 at 8:38 AM, gliptitude said:

No kidding! Yeah, I'm definitely interested. I'll send you a Pm. Thank ya sir!

On 4/11/2020 at 8:38 AM, gliptitude said:

I recall buying your first batch kit so you could get the second batch kit. First is a single PCB board while the second is 2 PCB halves.