Yurkie

Atari 2600 RGB mod

Hello everyone. Im an avid retro gamer. Ij started collecting a couple of years ago and own a Genesis Famicom Super famicom Snes jr Saturn and pc engine duo. The first system I played was the 2600 at age 5 in 1988 so I also have some nostalgia for it . I want tlo play these in gb like I do with al my other systems. I couldnt find any rgb modded systems on ebay. I looked for both the 2600 and the colecovision which Im also interested in. Xoes anyone on the forum sell such systems or know where I can get them?

I am just checking because of the two button reset mod sounds nice: do these mods still allow a Sega Genesis pad to work properly? Do the timing issues with warlords go away when you switch back to RF?

I am just checking because of the two button reset mod sounds nice: do these mods still allow a Sega Genesis pad to work properly? Do the timing issues with warlords go away when you switch back to RF?

The RF on mine sucks but I also don't ever use it. No reason to. If I flip over to the CRT I use s-video.

I just did this mod on my 6 switcher nonheavy. I seem to have some compatibility issues with Ghostbusters blue label in any mode(svideo or rgb), it won't get past a few music notes at the start. Battle zone will not stay stable when connected with rgb though my xrgb mini but worked fine with svideo to my Sony wega. Ghostbusters works fine on my stock 2600 Jr and sear model vcs. Any guesses? Thanks

Hi,

I pulled my Atari Light Sixer apart today to install this mod but there is a tall capacitor where the adapter board needs to go in the way. I read the tutorial and he mentions using the small chiclet capacitor included with the kit but I wanted to make sure before I did that as the C204 part is 100V .22uf and the chiclet with the kit is 100nf which didn't seem like it would replace that. It's pretty tall and can't really be bent over so I'm not sure what do about it yet. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

- Dustin

You could desolder the cap, add wire to it. And solder that wire into the board. You could relocate the cap off to the side a little that way. Secure it with a dab of hot-melt glue or silicone. Hopefully it won't cause RF interference.