IGNORED

Atari 2600 New in Box with unopened PACMAN

Natalie888

Boy did this thread go sour. Funny, I was going to say $100 seemed generous when the first post came up with that number.

I would support a post minimum for posting sales here (20? 40?). When was the last time a posting by a newb for something of any value DIDN'T get threadcrapped? Or turn into an eBay auction?

• Like 1

Boy did this thread go sour. Funny, I was going to say $100 seemed generous when the first post came up with that number.

I would support a post minimum for posting sales here (20? 40?). When was the last time a posting by a newb for something of any value DIDN'T get threadcrapped? Or turn into an eBay auction?

They do seem to have a common theme:

Seller - I found X and have no idea what it's worth, can anyone help

AA - That item is worth about Y

Seller - but I see people on ebay selling them for Y times 3! I want Y times 4 because mine is minty mint mint!

AA - Ok go sell it on ebay then

Seller - Wwwaaaahhhhh! You guys are mean poopy heads!

• Like 23

There was a minimum post count just a few weeks back and it was met with spammers increasing their post count with nonsense just to gain access to the Marketplace.

I say the only real answer is a dedicated moderator for the Marketplace. Someone who approves a thread before it even hits the board, and if the member has no pictures or a price listed in their ad, it'll just be deleted, simple as that. Also, if all they're looking for are free appraisals before hitting eBay... I say we can find a tactful solution to that as well.

Edited by ProperRogue
  • Like 7

If you're new and are trying to peddle your wares, you should be asked to provide a price.

Newbies should NOT come to a forum, ask the experienced members here what something is worth, then take offense or say it's worth "more". That's just plain silly. Silly I tell 'ya! :lol:

(but happens all too often unfortunately)

• Like 3

Well when she did finally reply to me, after publicly complaining she ignored my pm this was her exact reply:

Hello. Im asking 300.00 for it someone has offered a little more for it. Just taking offers now. Tell me what you are willing to pay for this Atari. Im selling because im moving so need to sell fast. Thank you.

So according to her someone has already offered her over 300, but I can offer more than that....maybe then I will get it :P

This is lies and exactly why I hate make an offer and especially from someone I don't know what so ever.

I was prepared to pay $150 for it which I though was more than fair.....but apparently she has the last 2600 on earth. Enjoy keeping your 2600 another 30 years maybe then ours kids will tell you it's worth $50 :rolling:

• Like 4

Well when she did finally reply to me, after publicly complaining she ignored my pm this was her exact reply:

So according to her someone has already offered her over 300, but I can offer more than that....maybe then I will get it :P

This is lies and exactly why I hate make an offer and especially from someone I don't know what so ever.

I was prepared to pay $150 for it which I though was more than fair.....but apparently she has the last 2600 on earth. Enjoy keeping your 2600 another 30 years maybe then ours kids will tell you it's worth $50 :rolling:

Based on her posts, I think she meant that someone had offered a little more than you offered, not a little more than $300.

Thanks guys and gals!!!! Happy gaming!! HAHAHAHAH!!!! YOU will NEVER get my system!!! Leaving with tongue stuck out!

Ouch..... I am so sad to not receive your system. Does it look like I need a boxed Vader model with an unopened Pac-Man. You are in a forum with numerous people that have been gaming and collecting for the Atari 2600 for 30-35 years. I don't know if you are some 12 year old troll or whatsoever. But nobody is losing sleep on not getting your system. And we as collectors and know the approximate value of these items are just stating what they are worth. We are not giving you any issues or badmouthing. We are stating the facts and if you want to act like a little crybaby then I suggest you stay out of the forums. And I don't need your Vader model. I have all the systems. Go ahead and keep your system. Maybe bury it in your backyard and you can sell it for $3000. Look what happened to all the E.T. carts.

post-32978-0-23161500-1437257505_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

Based on her posts, I think she meant that someone had offered a little more than you offered, not a little more than $300.

This is not at all the impression I got from her reply to me.

Since I never gave her any offer, and only asked her for a price and she came at me with this $300 pricetag, and that someone had already offered more....

I guess I though I was just trying to just by a boxed vader system....apparently this one was Darth Vader personal system. :P

• Like 3

From what I understand, the system was bought 30 some-odd years ago and never once used. It sat on a shelf in a dark closet all these years away from the elements, such as ultraviolet light and excessive heat etc.

I ll get an easy 200.00 for it someplace else like a real collector not you young thinkers. This is old school get it ?

I'm older than your grampa..

Ok On and on we go. Price just went up 400.00 :)

..where we stop nobody knows.. If it goes to $500.00 it might become something special.