IGNORED

Cho Ren Sha 68k for the Atari Falcon030

Here's the first beta release of Cho Ren Sha 68k for the Atari Falcon030.

Requirements:

• Atari Falcon030 with 14 MB RAM.

Supports:

• Jaguar Pad/Power Pad.
  • TV/RGB and VGA.

Features:

• DSP assisted sprite engine.
  • Up to 65536 colours.
  • Gameplay recording and replay.
  • Highscore saving.

Notes:

• The first beta does not support accelerated machines.
  • Scrolling will be added later.
  • Sample replay seems to have some problems within the menu.

Please note that there's a special binary for the Hatari emulator (older versions) in case you're having display problems.

Download it here: Cho Ren Sha 68k for the Atari Falcon030 (Beta 1)

Some video impressions:

Have fun!

Sascha

• Like 9

DAMN cool would love to see a jaguar port of this :-D

Then take all those documents and development tools and other stuff you've been badgering other people for over the last 5 years to improve and make easier and ACTUALLY PRODUCE SOMETHING WITH THEM. Instead of constantly asking for updates and patches and fixes and more things you'll never, every do anything with.

BTW - FANTASTIC WORK, Anima.

• Like 1

Hi seems you recovered really fast CJ :-)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HAMMER met Tapatalk

No, I just like to use things productivley, instead of hoarding them away to 'be studied' at a never-future date... like some people.

More people like Anima, please - who take the time and effort to make things happen. Less people like {I can think of a few names to go here} who just talk shit all the time.

Edited by CyranoJ

It's really fun, despite the simplicity and difficulty. The original version had features that the PC port doesn't: such as being able to play it vertically-oriented (like most vertical shooters are).

That's an idea. :idea: Probably can be done easier now that pretty much all VGA monitors are LCDs that can be rotated to portrait mode. Sascha, what do you think of incorporating this feature in the future? :ponder: :thumbsup:

That's an idea. :idea: Probably can be done easier now that pretty much all VGA monitors are LCDs that can be rotated to portrait mode. Sascha, what do you think of incorporating this feature in the future? :ponder: :thumbsup:

Well, the problem here is that the screen size is a perfect square (256 x 256 pixels). In fact, the Atari Falcon030 version only shows 256 x 240 due to the Videl limitations. So rotating your monitor would result in (almost) the same display size. However, the TV/RGB video mode uses a slightly wider pixel aspect ratio for a better screen coverage.

Insane!

How do you plan on handling the music? .MOD remixes? "Redbook" audio files?

Sorry but currently there are no plans at all. At first I thought of a solution using the DSP but unfortunately the DSP is quite busy giving the CPU some graphics support.

Edited by AnimaInCorpore

• 3 months later...

Sorry but currently there are no plans at all. At first I thought of a solution using the DSP but unfortunately the DSP is quite busy giving the CPU some graphics support.

Here's one idea: make it a "CD" game. Just have it cue up the tracks from an attached SCSI CD-ROM drive; the end user can then mix in the audio at the speakers or through the Falcon's audio input (does that work?). You don't even have to use the game's original soundtrack (though I can't imagine why you wouldn't).

• 5 years later...
13 hours ago, Philsan said:

Awesome game @AnimaInCorpore !

Is it complete? Do you plan to finish it?

Thank. Yes, the gameplay itself is complete. The only difference is that the music and scrolling is missing.

Actually I still have some ideas how to improve it (scrolling and speed) but as long as the game itself is working fine the priority is quite low. :D

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, AnimaInCorpore said:

Thank. Yes, the gameplay itself is complete. The only difference is that the music and scrolling is missing.

Actually I still have some ideas how to improve it (scrolling and speed) but as long as the game itself is working fine the priority is quite low. :D

I hope you'll complete the game, a beautiful showcase of Falcon capabilities.

When entering my name in the high score table with normal Atari joystick (not Jaguar gamepad), it happens that a letter is entered two times.

If it's not my machine's fault, I think the button should be released and pushed again to enter the same letter again.

It would be nice to delete letters in case of errors.

12 hours ago, AnimaInCorpore said:

What happened to the scrolling?

You had it and then remove it. Why, what happened?

And if I may ask one more question :) is there any specific problem with music? What kind of original music is? Some kind of FM synth?

Thanks for hard work!

we really enjoy it! :)