IGNORED

400/800 Circuit board numbering

jacobus

I was recently sorting through spare 400/800 components and noticed the numbering scheme used on the major components. I've identified 9 of the 11 possible boards (as follows), but I cannot find numbers 6 or 8. Can anyone tell me where they can be found?

1 800 mainboard

2 800 power

3 8K RAM

4 400/800 OS

5 400/800 CPU

6 ?

7 810 controller

8 ?

9 400 mainboard

10 400 power

11 16K RAM

post-11281-0-55617600-1437181508_thumb.jpgpost-11281-0-48649900-1437181509_thumb.jpgpost-11281-0-39295900-1437181510_thumb.jpg

post-11281-0-89695500-1437180648_thumb.jpg

post-11281-0-61552400-1437180649_thumb.jpg

post-11281-0-64121000-1437180650_thumb.jpg

Maybe it's the rest of the 810 boardset?

That was my first thought as well, and you well may be right. However neither the 810's power board nor the controller's daughter board are numbered. I checked the 850 and 835 and they don't have the same sequence numbers.

One of those might have been planned for the 4K RAM board initially planned for the 400. *shrug*

Interesting to see the boards all laid out in a list like that, however. This would be a good question for a guy like Joe DeCuir. If people here weren't so allergic to Facebook, someone could post this in the Atari Museum group there (Curt Vendel and Marty Goldberg's group) and ask him.

Edited by DrVenkman

One of those might have been planned for the 4K RAM board initially planned for the 400. *shrug*

Interesting to see the boards all laid out in a list like that, however. This would be a good question for a guy like Joe DeCuir. If people here weren't so allergic to Facebook, someone could post this in the Atari Museum group there (Curt Vendel and Marty Goldberg's group) and ask him.

There are a bunch of things I'd love to have facebook for, but I watch all the crap from friends and family on my wife's page and I say, "No, thanks!" It's much easier to like people when you don't have to be witness to their inner dialog. Plus, I don't trust that idiot Zuckerberg with any of my data.

It would be cool to see if Atari had assembly line manuals that reference the numbers.

• Like 1

There are a bunch of things I'd love to have facebook for, but I watch all the crap from friends and family on my wife's page and I say, "No, thanks!" It's much easier to like people when you don't have to be witness to their inner dialog. Plus, I don't trust that idiot Zuckerberg with any of my data.

It would be cool to see if Atari had assembly line manuals that reference the numbers.

Trust me, I understand. That said, I've found the use of FB Groups to be a very good way to connect with a lot of people across the world who share the same hobbies and interests. Among those is Atari - a lot of ex-Atari programmers and hardware dev types (for instance, the above-referenced Joe D.) frequent or at least drop into interesting threads in the Atari Museum group. They, or Curt/Marty, would be the ones likely to know the answer to this kind of question and provide documents like that, if they still exist.

Awesome! Thank you!

I wonder if the daughterboard on the controller is #6 (on older units)

I think they called that the Data Separator. Are there any other peripherals Atari made in house? The boards for most peripherals came pre-installed from other factories (printers, modems, 410's, etc...). Does the 850 have a number?

#6 is the 820 PC board. I don't have a pic of it but here's a page from the service manual.

attachicon.gif820 circuit board diagram.jpg

Can anyone find a 12? :)

Great catch! I pulled apart my 820 and confirmed this.

post-11281-0-57509700-1437434638_thumb.jpg

I wanted to design a display using all of the numbered boards in order - unfortunately I don't seem to have an old 810 power board, and I only have the one (working) 820. Does anyone have either of those boards that they want to part with?