IGNORED

Basement Flood - trying to replace some disks

Sprung a leak in my basement, luckily it only took out a box containing mostly blank disks. However I did have a few original disks inside that I am trying to replace (originals wanted)

Complete set of INDUS GT disks

DOS 2.0 (Atari 810/1050 master diskette II) CX8104

Master Diskette 3 DX5052

XLENT Software - Page Designer

And yes I am aware DOS 3 is a pig, I just want a copy in my collection.

Sorry to hear about it, Orph. Could have been a LOT worse. I've had water issues from time to time in my basement, but I don't think I've lost anything very valuable yet.

Don't think I have any of the titles you listed, but I might have some blanks.

It was actually the hot water hose from the water heater, sprang a leak and sprayed upward so the water came back down on the plastic drawers I have the disks in. I'm just glad that it was my overflow drawer and the main one was far enough away.

I've since moved them and I am also covering them with contractor grade plastic bags.

Are you sure it was the hot water heater and not that storm late Monday night early Tuesday morning? Neighbors oak came down on their house, our house and our yard. Only took out some gutter of ours though thankfully. Or the crazy rain Friday evening? Heh. I'm so happy it hasn't been raining these past few days.

Edited by ryanmercer

I just had a hose bust on my washing machine a couple of weeks ago. Luckily I was home and caught it after, I'm guessing 10-15 minutes.

The washing machine is ground level, but I keep most of my systems in the basement/den. Well, water was starting to pour through the air ducts down in the basement. Had a small waterfall going... somehow luckily right above our cat's litter box. :o

While I was busy putting towels on everything, trying to catch all the water... I see my wife unhooking my 800XL. She tells me not to flip out. My eyes got huge! And she said there was a small amount of water on it, but it was saved by the vinyl dust cover! Woohoo! I owe thanks to Brad at Best for that.

Somehow, nothing got damaged, other than some printed manuals for my Atarimax stuff.

Quite amazing.

• Like 1