IGNORED

Vectrex query

Opry99er

What is standard going rate for a complete Vectrex, system-only (no carts)?

I am interested (in the future) in buying one, but the BIN prices on eBay($250+) seem a bit wacky.

If thats what it is, then so be it. But I was thinking of buying myself one as a Christmas present and usually that equals $100-150. :)

Not buying now, just inquiring.

Thanks!

Prices are steadily going up, I bought mine around a year and a half ago for $250.00 (including shipping) with a near perfect box and all the packing. The only complaint I had was the inlay for Minesweeper has a one inch crack in it (I knew this when I got it).

I have noticed the prices have gone up where a Vectrex without the box (or much of anything) is going for that same $250.00. I think looking for a Vectrex for $100.00 - $150.00 will be longer process only because the shipping can be crazy (they are heavy). Honestly I think I got lucky when I got mine from eBay.

Good Luck! Vectrex is one of my favorite systems to collect for!

Wow. Okay, well I appreciate the heads up. I do not care much about the packaging, as I only want it for my game room and the late night urges for true vector gaming... But it DOES look like the prices are a bit up there.

Might as well save an extra couple hundred and look for a used Asteroids cab. :)

Thanks bud.

Save, thanks for the offer... I have zero expendable cash right now, so I cannot currently buy your system.

In a few months though... If it is still available... We might have things to talk about. :)

Crazy the prices... I remember us trading in my old Vectrex (with two games) plus a hundred bucks (1992) for a Genesis with 1 game and 2 controllers (Sonic, Not for Resale). I think the dude offered my dad $50 in trade on the Vectrex... I wanted the Sega so badly, dad agreed.

Kind of wish he'd said no, now. LOL

Edited by Opry99er

Craigslist is the best place to get one. Its local so you don't have to worry about shipping, you can test the unit and look it over and people on craigslist don't tend to be looking for top dollar. 150 is a fair price but keep in mind that a loose controller can go for as much as 100 and the Minestorm overlay can cost as much as 50 dollars. The box for the system is uncommon and can raise the cost to 200 or so. Its not a cheap system to collect for though you can enjoy most of the games with either the Mateos Multicart or VecMulti which are programmable.