IGNORED

Season 4 - The New HSC - Week 27 = Mangia

JacobZu7zu7

So close to another extra life...

6,520. Pasta Prince.

A hint:

Patience! Towards the end of a level, play it safe. Once the dishes to serve reach zero, don't make any mistakes and make mom bring 3 more. The dog, correctly timed, is the safest option. Wait for the right moment to get rid of the remaining plates. The cat appears so erratically, you always risk missing it.

post-34656-0-54000100-1437648484_thumb.png

post-34656-0-86500100-1437656471_thumb.png

Edited by karokoenig
  • Like 4

Finally !!!

Mangia`: 9,999.

About time. It was beginning to become a bit of a chore.

A few tiny changes could make this a really good game.

First, make it somehow discernible how long those damn cats stay in the window. The higher reliability of shots at the cat would probably have to be balanced out with higher numbers of total dishes served.

Second: award "low cholesterol" bonuses for eating as little as possible. No bonus for ending a level red, small bonus for ending it yellow, higher for blue, and special bonus for not eating a single dish (possible in early levels, I think - though I never made it).

Third: Find a way to prevent farming. In some of my games, I fiddled around with it. It goes like this: Once the number of dishes served reaches zero, clear the table to the dog and make sure mom sees the last dish thrown, making her bring three more, always being careful that she doesn't bring too many. Rinse - repeat. I strongly recommend against it, however, because it is extremely tedious. At lower levels, you get way too little points per dish, and at higher levels the dog comes at the right moment so rarely that you sometimes wait forever to get rid of a dish or two.

I learned that it's way easier and much more fun to "just do it". Once you reach higher levels (starting at 10-11 points per dish), you usually survive long enough to get that next extra life.

Fourth: Send that crazy woman to an asylum already!!!!!!

post-34656-0-93674200-1437744613_thumb.png

Edited by karokoenig
  • Like 4

A little trick i used was "stalling" the cat, as Frankie's appearance is somewhat random i found he tends to show up right when mum is serving at the table. Although also tends to rack off as soon as mum walks back. It's either when she's nearly at the table or just before she's walking towards with a new dish(most times).

However using KaeruYojimbo's technique "machine gunning" you can stall Frankie for a while making him hang around longer. What i found was to throw the first plate in mum's line of sight as she serves and machine gun him to keep him there while mum walks back. You obviously get punished for the first plate but if you manage to unload enough you stay in front.

Also "black" Frankie seems to hang around the longest

Edited by Tony The 2600
  • Like 1

I haven't been involved with the HSC this season (or even at all yet), but I wanted to participate with this one. My score wasn't that great, but it's the best I've ever done with this game - 1506.

I consider this game the best horror title on the 2600. Maybe not the best gameplay, but definitely the most disturbing.

post-37527-0-32677900-1437969002.jpg

Edited by Ramses
  • Like 4