IGNORED

Coleco Gemini RF video issues need help

AtengaGames

I am probably going to hold off on trying to fix this system for now because i have 4 switch woody coming in the mail. This is actually my first atari playing console and I would like to get it functioning without breaking it. Does anybody happen to have pictures they can use to show which solder points I need to reheat and maybe some step by steps I could follow? I know I would certainly appreciate it and others would too considering I really couldn't find instructions for this fix on Google or AtariAge. If you have a link that's fine too.

• 11 months later...

I never seen a gemini board before , but i have repair broken solder joint on power supplys jacks and rf boxes before , I jus disassblemble the rf box , maybe desoldering is needed and just look for bad solder joint it should look a like very dull , not shiny as the other ones and maybe some obvious damage , firts star by searching for joint near of the rf conector jack it most likely be one damege there . or the part when the rf board connecest so the main board , i dont know anything more thats the more I can help you , an if that doest work just resolder some ramdon joint or ones that maybe be bad , what can happend , waste of solder , if not maybe a av mod should help , but remenber the tia of the gemini is diferent , if you are interesed , some guy posted a gemini tia pinout in one of my post , i hope i help you