IGNORED

AtariAge Booth at Classic Game Fest!

Albert

AtariAge is attending the Classic Game Fest this upcoming weekend (July 25th and 26th), in Austin, Texas and we'll have a large booth setup with over 20 Atari 2600, 5200, and 7800 consoles! These systems will be running some of the latest homebrew games, as well as several games soon to be released, including:

• BRIK (2600)

• Galactopus (2600)

• JumpVCS (2600)

• The Stacks (2600)

• Star Castle Arcade (2600)

• Titan Axe (2600)

• Wall Jump Ninja (2600)

• Mr. Do! (5200)

• Zaxxon (5200)

• Draker Quest (7800)

• Dungeon Stalker (7800)

• T:ME Salvo (7800)

In addition, we'll be unveiling a brand new Atari 7800 game from Bob DeCrescenzo (PacManPlus), who will be attending the Classic Game Fest in person! You may find other surprises at our booth as well! Other notable classic gaming figures in attendance will include Howard Scott Warshaw (E.T., Raiders of the Lost Ark, Yars' Revenge), Darrell Spice, Jr. (Medieval Mayhem, Space Rocks, Stay Frosty 2), and Fred Quimby (creator of the Harmony Cartridge). Ernest Cline, author of Ready Player One and the recently released novel Armada will also be present. If you enjoyed Ready Player One, We will be demoing a new version of The Stacks, an Atari 2600 game set in the Ready Player One universe! Be sure to check out the Q&A session with Ernie Cline, Howard Scott Warshaw, and Mike Mika at 1pm on Sunday. And, if you're a big Ultima fan, Richard Garriott (Lord British), Starr Long, and others from the original Ultima team will be on-hand!

AtariAge is sponsoring two Atari 2600 tournaments during the Classic Game Fest. On Saturday at 4pm, you can compete against others using a special Tournament Edition of Darrell Spice, Jr.’s Space Rocks. If you like the classic arcade games Asteroids or Asteroids Deluxe, you’ll l love Space Rocks! Our second tournament is 4pm on Sunday using the 2600 homebrew Fall Down. This game features frenetic two player head-to-head action, where your goal is to survive longer than your opponent! Tournament games will be played on a large, 65” television so everyone can enjoy the frenzy! The winners of these tournaments will receive a copy of the game (in the case of Space Rocks, a signed, boxed copy), gift certificate in the AtariAge Store, and more! Stop by our booth to sign up for the tournaments and practice on the games beforehand!

To learn more about the show, please visit the Classic Game Fest website. If you'd like to sport an AtariAge badge, please check out this thread in our Classic Game Fest forum. See you at the show!

• Like 3

These systems will be running some of the latest homebrew games, as well as several games soon to be released, including:

• Draker Quest (7800)
  • Dungeon Stalker (7800)

In addition, we'll be unveiling a brand new Atari 7800 game from Bob DeCrescenzo (PacManPlus), who will be attending the Classic Game Fest in person!

That is so awesome...Three games built from 7800basic, in addition to a brand new game from Bob, is absolutely spectacular.

Super envious of those who are able to attend. Hope everyone has a blast!

• Like 1

• BRIK (2600)
  • Galactopus (2600)
  • JumpVCS (2600)
  • The Stacks (2600)
  • Star Castle Arcade (2600)
  • Titan Axe (2600)
  • Wall Jump Ninja (2600)
  • Mr. Do! (5200)
  • Zaxxon (5200)
  • Draker Quest (7800)
  • Dungeon Stalker (7800)
Sweet! Unfortunately I cannot make it this year (again). Is there some timeline when these will be available in the AA store?

I'm ignorant: Zaxxon for the 5200? Is this a new effort or a reproduction of the Sega cartridge?

It's the 32k A8 computer version converted to run on the 5200. The original 5200 release is the 16k version of the game. Difference is 32k version has missile silo's; space battle allow's up/down movement with ship scaling; robot has better graphics; robot and missile track player; you have to shoot the missile to kill the robot vs. just shooting anywhere on the robot in 16k version. Plus it uses the better startup screen graphic from the 32k version.

• Like 4

Just received confirmation from Curt that I'll have a 7800 XM Module for the show. If you haven't had an opportunity to see one yet, make sure you look for it at the AtariAge booth. I'll also have a second module that I can show to people individually, so if you'd like to handle one, just hunt me down at the show!

..Al

• Like 4

One of the tournaments we're running is Space Rocks: Tournament Edition. Here's one of the carts I just made:

SpaceRocksTE.jpg

This tournament is 4pm on Saturday. Sign up at the AtariAge booth anytime during the day. Prizes will be:

- Signed, boxed copy of Space Rocks, with the Space Rocks: TE cart.

- $50 AtariAge Store Gift Certificate

- Space Rocks poster

- Painted Aluminum AtariAge sign:

atariage_sign.jpg

We're also having a Fall Down tournament on Sunday 4pm, which will be a bracket-style elimination tournament. Similar prizes as above, although the copy of Fall down will not be signed or boxed (but will include the manual).

..Al

• Like 6