Doom 3 port that is. NOT 3RD DOOM.

Nope, Doom 3 is playable on the Jag CD that's what is said here, and together with what's said in the "homebrew" thread:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/166990-jaguar-homebrew-projects/page-4

He has 15 months to go, before the dead line is out. ;)

(Next to that I just wondered what "3rd Doom" was - which, in the answer here, was also called Final Doom. Since he said its NOT that, I just wanted to know what it was (not)!)

Edited by Atlantis
  • Like 1

Nope, Doom 3 is playable on the Jag CD that's what is said here, and together with what's said in the "homebrew" thread:

It ain't real until he has a Kickstarter.

Edited by PlaysWithWolves
  • Like 1

There will be no kickstarter for the demo of D3 on Jag. FREE.

(Next to that I just wondered what "3rd Doom" was - which, in the answer here, was also called Final Doom. Since he said its NOT that, I just wanted to know what it was (not)!)

• Like 1

I sent onalok my Jag CD so that he could repair it. I just got it back from him recently, and he did a great job. I'd highly recommend him to anyone in need of repairs for the system.

He explained in detail what the problem was with the unit and kept me in the loop the whole time.

I got my Jag CD in 1999 when it was actually affordable, played it for a couple years then focused more on college. I started played it again in the last few years and noticed that it rarely, if ever read a game. If it did, it took lots of tries and only certain games would work if any.

I always thought most everybody's Jag CD's were faulty, since I heard they were fragile and unreliable. But then I saw members on here talking about theirs always working from day one and thought, how in the hell? I recently bought Protector Resurgence and some demos, and barely any of them worked. That's when I realized I need to give the dusty ol' gal a checkup.

Anyway, I say go for it if you need to re-energize your Jag CD. Mine's finally working perfectly for the 1st time and saving me lots of rage and frustration. So yeah, good times.

• Like 2

I sent onalok my Jag CD so that he could repair it. I just got it back from him recently, and he did a great job. I'd highly recommend him to anyone in need of repairs for the system.

He explained in detail what the problem was with the unit and kept me in the loop the whole time.

I got my Jag CD in 1999 when it was actually affordable, played it for a couple years then focused more on college. I started played it again in the last few years and noticed that it rarely, if ever read a game. If it did, it took lots of tries and only certain games would work if any.

I always thought most everybody's Jag CD's were faulty, since I heard they were fragile and unreliable. But then I saw members on here talking about theirs always working from day one and thought, how in the hell? I recently bought Protector Resurgence and some demos, and barely any of them worked. That's when I realized I need to give the dusty ol' gal a checkup.

Anyway, I say go for it if you need to re-energize your Jag CD. Mine's finally working perfectly for the 1st time and saving me lots of rage and frustration. So yeah, good times.

Don't "cherry pic" repairs.. B-rad, why don't you send me an Alpine II with dev console and cd unit. Send A falcon 030 with that, I can use it, you are not so why not? only one real "prob" system on hand and I will replace the damned thing with a working unit if I have to. Besides, I want the "Back to The Future" trilogy on cinepak for Jag from the Guy anyway.

• 5 months later...

Bump

Got an ebay one that I think the guy plugged in a non atari ac adapter to (it had the wrong polarity) , fired it up in my know working main unit and with a known and tested good spare jag ac adapter, nothing,no spin and no video out of the jag (jag works fine with cart or skunk board), repairable?

• 10 months later...