Hello All, I am now offering Jaguar CD unit repair service as well as the Jag console repair. Much like the console repair, if its unsuccessful for any reason you will get a partial refund. The price is set at $55 for AA members, (my price on eBay is $75) this includes parts and return shipping within the states. For international shipping, please let me know upfront and we can work something out on that. Of course I have Cd laser assemblies and the board components to fix the "?" screen and the "red screen" units. If the repair is unsuccessful I will refund $35 of the $55 and the remaining funds will be used for return shipping of your item(s). If you need this service please feel free to PM me here on AtariAge or email me direct at ncc941@mail.com. I would strongly recommend using both means of contact. Thanks, Nick -onalok.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

No Problem Saturn, just let me know if you find it. Guys, my "day job" work has been hectic so I apologizes for delays in responses but I am still here and yes, still doing as much Atari work as possible. Ohh yeah, and this is important: I DON'T GIVE A DAMN IF IT'S NOT A VIRGIN (unopened) CD UNIT. Just please don't send me a known irreparable turd and we'll be fine. Just though i'd mention that to everyone.

Edited by onalok

• 3 weeks later...

Got one that works good for a few minutes then clicks, and shuts down, thinking about sending it over soon...

Ok made a decision to send it to you, onalok, rather than Best Elec. - PM for Atari Service sent!! Going to fire off an email to you now as well. Thanks for this, been wanting to get this fixed for a good loong while now. :D

• Like 2

Ok made a decision to send it to you, onalok, rather than Best Elec. - PM for Atari Service sent!! Going to fire off an email to you now as well. Thanks for this, been wanting to get this fixed for a good loong while now. :D

i had one of these, it was a broken wire, this was basically happening because the drive didn't know when it got to the end and was touching the sensor switch thing, after parching up the wire it works once more

• Like 1

Hi omf!, Do you remember if it was a wire on the board? or a wire from the six point harness? -which has 2 wires for the main motor, 2 for the back & forth 'laser eye' movement motor, and the two for the 'leaf switch' end of laser eye travel sensor. Because yes its possible that a wire could look connected but be broken inside the sheath. I had actually replaced the whole laser transport these six wires are connected to but got the same problem upon firing it up - so I just put the original transport back in 'cause that didn't fix it, indicating problem was elsewhere - perhaps one of the few wires on the board? or even a wire broken in its sheath of the six point harness. I don't know what it is? -capacitors are not bulging/blown, no damage to the board the leaf switch is adjusted correctly like my other working unit.

I talked to Brad about sending it in recently and he reiterated 'virgin Cd players' only fixes, and said his guy would know if it was opened or worked on as soon as he gets in there and my soldering work is amatuer looking so he would very likely know it was worked on, was going to take a chance and just hope they fix it for me but he's two weeks behind now so I could send it to onalok in Alabama from Arizona here in the time it would be sitting around Best waiting for work. Right now the unit is spinning up, but quickly stops, just goes to the "?" CD icon and then starts to grind, but yeah i think it may be something associated with the leaf switch, because of the other sounds it makes in addition to the grinding.

Does anyone know if they sell the small JagCD sixpoint harness Molex connectors maybe with wires of the same guage? Or what the size is so I could look it up? I could always try that. But I'm really hoping onalok can fix it!!, if not I'll have to take a chance and send it to Brad at Best anyways and maybe they'll just fix it, like someone else here said they fixed their non-virgin unit(JagChris?? i forgot). If those two options fail maybe I could get the schematic and hand it to an electronics guy here for circuit by circuit testing, not likely to be successful I think because of a random electronics guy unfamiliarity with Jag, or just take a loss and sell it on ebay as broken/parts only unit and put the money towards a reconditioned one from Best($175usd).

Hey all,

I just recently contacted onalok to for a repair of my Atari jaguar system.

I live in Asia, whilst he is based in the states - the service was impeccable. Full regular updates, along with advise and top-level knowledge of the hardware. The price was reasonable and International priority tracking was also thrown in as part of the shipping.

I would widely recommend this guys as a future resource, if and when you encounter any issues with your Jaguar/Jag CD system.

G

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

He's just showing Final Doom vs Doom III pictures, since Atlantis asked. I believe Final Doom is a modded Doom II and was sold between 2 and 3.

Thinking this is real is just going to get me too excited at this point so i'm going to pretend I never heard about this and go back to life as usual. If there is a pre-order list or some more info please do tell.