IGNORED

midi module or synthesizer connected to the TI-99/4A

Dexter

Thanks Gazoo, I'll store them for later use, when I've actually got a working cable.

First I'm trying to find some more info. It's REALLY odd, that there is virtually nothing on the internet about it.

However, thanks to you, we are a little step closer.

Perhaps we could put it in a wiki.

Gazoo, Mike Maksimik does come on here once in a while--so you could check with him directly on the rights to the software and whether or not he'll let it into free distribution. . .

Really? I thought he was completely out of the TI loop and was a full time scuba diver.

Gazoo, Mike Maksimik does come on here once in a while--so you could check with him directly on the rights to the software and whether or not he'll let it into free distribution. . .

I found Mike and sent a message to him regarding this. I included in it an experience we shared while having dinner at a steakhouse on a night before a Lima Faire, I have a feeling he'll smile when he reads the message. ;)

We'll see what happens...

Gazoo

• Like 1

Dexter trust me I searched about a month ago and came up with nothing but just some articles talking about it. I've gotten more information in just these few post on here than all of the internet.

Sad, but true! :(

• 1 year later...

I just found my Roland PMA-5. It's a handheld midi device - really cool. I am wondering if I could hook this thing up to my nanoPEB system? would the above wiring that Gazoo posted work?

at the very least 2 and 3 are reversed on the nanopeb.. pinout should be the same as a peecee

also any software using the port needs to use the DSR any custom comm routines will not work on a nano, calls from basic and teii work fine

Greg

also any software using the port needs to use the DSR any custom comm routines will not work on a nano, calls from basic and teii work fine

Greg

for the V1 nano, I would amend this to say that any software using the port needs either to use the DSR or to be updated (fixed) to turn on the port as expected by the nano. I do have the source to Mike's version of Midi Master and have chatted with Swim about making changes, which should be fairly simple.

• Like 1

for the V1 nano, I would amend this to say that any software using the port needs either to use the DSR or to be updated (fixed) to turn on the port as expected by the nano. I do have the source to Mike's version of Midi Master and have chatted with Swim about making changes, which should be fairly simple.

You have my full support. Also I could make cables and sell them if there's interest.

Greg

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

So if I swap the wires as arcadeshopper stated I'd still be dead in the water, huh? That's too bad - the pma5 is a fine midi sound module and I like how compact it is.

Yes, though if you have things in place and want to test, I'll update the Midi Master 2.3 disk (as posted in this thread) and you can give it a try. I ordered a pair of 5-pin DIN MIDI cables for my Yamaha keyboard a week ago, they haven't arrived yet.

I will cobble together a cable tomorrow and be ready to give it a try. Thanks!

The files MAING and MASEXB were modified to explicitly turn the serial port on and off. This should make the programs compatible with the nano serial port. I cannot test anything until the rest of my hardware arrives.

If Bruce's later release also works with a non-SAMS system, we can probably modify it to work with the nano as well.

EDIT: for anyone trying to use the 'original' disk attached elsewhere in this thread, the disk volume name should be changed to MIDI, otherwise you'll get a fatal error during the load process.

MIDIMASTER V23 NANO.dsk

Edited by InsaneMultitasker
  • Like 4