IGNORED

CoolCV emulator for Mac OS X, Linux, Windows and Raspberry

nanochess

Just updated CoolCV v0.4 to allow for launching ROM files, no need to drag&drop for first launch.

Follow TPR guide

1. For launching Colecovision ROM with CoolCV: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/240800-coolcv-emulator-for-mac-os-x-linux-and-windows-early/page-2?do=findComment&comment=3284924

2. For changing icons: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/240800-coolcv-emulator-for-mac-os-x-linux-and-windows-early/page-2?do=findComment&comment=3285095

Still not sure why there is a small delay in launching.

• Like 2

Just updated CoolCV v0.4 to allow for launching ROM files, no need to drag&drop for first launch.

Follow TPR guide

1. For launching Colecovision ROM with CoolCV: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/240800-coolcv-emulator-for-mac-os-x-linux-and-windows-early/page-2?do=findComment&comment=3284924

2. For changing icons: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/240800-coolcv-emulator-for-mac-os-x-linux-and-windows-early/page-2?do=findComment&comment=3285095

Still not sure why there is a small delay in launching.

usb controller 2 works, but its A and B buttons are swapped, just like controller 1 use to be.

controller 2:

A button = right action button

B button = left action button

besides that 2 controllers work fine.

It would be nice to support all 4 action buttons :)

• Like 1

Here's another request -

Any way to add keypad support for controller two. So for example, when needing to enter the code to play Pac-Man Plus on Pac-Man Collection? Can you do anything like have SHIFT+NUMBER be controller 2?

Just updated with experimental Coleco ADAM support and keypad for controller 2 (only Mac at this time)

This is so awesome! Thanks for making this available!

Given that you seem to be putting out some updates, any potential plans to add Adam DDP and disk support in the future?

Ok, I couldn't resist the temptation :P :) check first post.

Here's another request -

Any way to add keypad support for controller two. So for example, when needing to enter the code to play Pac-Man Plus on Pac-Man Collection? Can you do anything like have SHIFT+NUMBER be controller 2?

Check first post ;)

• Like 2

Just updated with experimental Coleco ADAM support and keypad for controller 2 (only Mac at this time)

Ok, I couldn't resist the temptation :P :) check first post.

Check first post ;)

YAY! Awesome! Got Pac-Man Plus to work just fine! =)

Screen Shot 2015-07-31 at 22.44.20.png

• Like 1

Nope. Is it Linux? I could download libraries for compilation, thought not sure if compiling SDL2 is easy.

Retropie is a custom image of raspbian (the raspberry pi flavor of debian), so yes linux. It's really popular with the emulator crowd since it comes with about 20+ emulators and a front end based on emulation station. The one system it's missing that a lot of people want is colecovision. :)

I currently have a little box that does atari 2600, 5200, 7800, NES, SNES, DOOM I and II, Quake 3 and OpenArena. I *really* want coleco on this as well. :)

But yeah, it's ARM, not x86 so coolcv didn't run on the raspberry pi.

Edited by nolageek
  • Like 1

Retropie is a custom image of raspbian (the raspberry pi flavor of debian), so yes linux. It's really popular with the emulator crowd since it comes with about 20+ emulators and a front end based on emulation station. The one system it's missing that a lot of people want is colecovision. :)

I currently have a little box that does atari 2600, 5200, 7800, NES, SNES, DOOM I and II, Quake 3 and OpenArena. I *really* want coleco on this as well. :)

But yeah, it's ARM, not x86 so coolcv didn't run on the raspberry pi.

IntvDave on here has been compiling the source code for ADAMEm for his retropie and it works there. I have some updates on the emulator that allow the original controllers, along with the roller controller and super action controllers to work with the Intellivision Ultimate PC Interface inside the emulator. I've been stalled out getting a build together for this, but should have something shortly. It should be a fairly significant improvement over ADAMEm/SDL 1.81.

IntvDave on here has been compiling the source code for ADAMEm for his retropie and it works there. I have some updates on the emulator that allow the original controllers, along with the roller controller and super action controllers to work with the Intellivision Ultimate PC Interface inside the emulator. I've been stalled out getting a build together for this, but should have something shortly. It should be a fairly significant improvement over ADAMEm/SDL 1.81.

I've tried that one too, I get errors that I can't figure out:

gcc      -s -o makedata makedata.o -lz
makedata
make[2]: makedata: Command not found
Makefile.X:45: recipe for target 'adamem.snd' failed
make[2]: *** [adamem.snd] Error 127
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/pi/src/adamem'
Makefile:15: recipe for target 'x' failed
make[1]: *** [x] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/pi/src/adamem'
Makefile:24: recipe for target 'linux' failed
make: *** [linux] Error 2

makedata is built and in the directory, I even added it to my path.

Ok, I just ran "makedata" by itself and it did something. :)

I didn't realize this needs X - once I started X, then I was able to type adamem and I get the adam screen. If I run 'adamem -cv' I get the cv startup screen asking me to insert a cart. I tried running 'adamem -cv ../quest.rom' and it doesn't do anything - I get an error about it not finding CART.rom:

Opening ../quest.rom... OK

Opening CART.rom... NOT FOUND

Thanks Oscar for this new emulator, I'm having a ball with it.

Is it just my ROM or does everyone else's Super Donkey Kong proto freeze after the first stage? It doesn't in other emulators, just CoolCV.

And...how do you start Opcode's Pac Man Collection? I can't figure out what key makes the "quarters" go in??

• Like 1

Is it just my ROM or does everyone else's Super Donkey Kong proto freeze after the first stage? It doesn't in other emulators, just CoolCV.

Confirmed mine crashes, too. Checked with Mugrat and it advances to level 2 just fine.