IGNORED

CoolCV emulator for Mac OS X, Linux, Windows and Raspberry

nanochess

Does CoolCV support command line switches? I have never used a Mac (gasp). Do Mac applications use command line?

The original version of CoolCV was command-line based, but when changed to pure graphical interface (allowed it to be run from Applications folder) it disappeared, still it supports one single command-line argument: the ROM file path provided by Finder when launching directly the ROM.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just updated to v0.6.3 (check first post):

• Better emulation for Z80 solves pitch problem in speech in Sewer Sam and Squish'Em Sam.
  • Keys F4 and F7 are now configurable.
  • Expertype and ADAM Bomb 2 are now working.
  • Fixed some ADAM keys for Windows.
  • Added 64K RAM expansion for ADAM.
  • Fixed bug in joystick support (not tested).
  • Added code to show joystick movement when using F7 (show codes).

Raspberry not updated in this version because I didn't found my external keyboard

• Like 3

Just updated to v0.6.3 (check first post):

• Better emulation for Z80 solves pitch problem in speech in Sewer Sam and Squish'Em Sam.
  • Keys F4 and F7 are now configurable.
  • Expertype and ADAM Bomb 2 are now working.
  • Fixed some ADAM keys for Windows.
  • Added 64K RAM expansion for ADAM.
  • Fixed bug in joystick support (not tested).
  • Added code to show joystick movement when using F7 (show codes).

Raspberry not updated in this version because I didn't found my external keyboard

Thanks for the great emulator and the ADAM improvements . : )

Just as an extra feature, this emulator also can run Sega SG1000 ROM files.

Some SC-3000 ROMs are working too.

Very nice.

Edited by AnnaWu
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, I'm ashamed to say that I have only just got round to trying out CoolCV (in Windows 7 64-bit). It's great but I had an issue getting it running that I think could easily have been avoided:

• In the first post it states "... you'll need to download also libSDL 2 from http://www.libsdl.org". This is what I did only to find that there was an older version of SDL2.dll distributed in the CoolCV zip file. So, thinking the newer one would be better I used that instead. However, this leads to a fatal error when trying to run CoolCV. So, I switched to the older SDL2.dll distributed with CoolCV and it works now. So, I would recommended deleting the statement in the first post.

Also, could you make an option to play the game borderless (fullscreen)? Playing it maximised is great but Windows still leaves a bar at the top and the taskbar at the bottom of the screen which are really distracting.

Other than that this is fantastic and it is great to finally hear the voices in Squish 'em Sam - something even the venerable blueMSX still cannot do - congratulations.

Thank you nanonchess :)

• Like 1

One more minor issue I have noticed. If a game is paused (F3) and focus is then changed to a different program, when switching back to the paused CoolCV the window is not repopulated, i.e. the window border is shown onscreen but the contents of the window, i.e. the paused game screen, is not displayed. This makes it difficult to know what state CoolCV is in. If the screen is maximised the confusion is even greater due to the fact that the only change that is visible when reselecting the paused CoolCV is the window title and border - the middle of the screen still shows what was onscreen from the other program(s) last viewed. Unpausing the game by pressing F3 makes it reappear. It would be much better if the paused game screen was always visible.

• Like 1

One more minor issue I have noticed. If a game is paused (F3) and focus is then changed to a different program, when switching back to the paused CoolCV the window is not repopulated, i.e. the window border is shown onscreen but the contents of the window, i.e. the paused game screen, is not displayed. This makes it difficult to know what state CoolCV is in. If the screen is maximised the confusion is even greater due to the fact that the only change that is visible when reselecting the paused CoolCV is the window title and border - the middle of the screen still shows what was onscreen from the other program(s) last viewed. Unpausing the game by pressing F3 makes it reappear. It would be much better if the paused game screen was always visible.

Thanks for the bug report! I'll make my best to correct it :)

I'd love to use this to do some ADAM programming, but for some reason the +/= key on my Mac does nothing under SmartBASIC. I wonder if the keys are mis-configured on coolcv-mapping.txt.

If I had to get rid of some functions to make that work, I don't have a lot of use for the snapshots and video functions.

Any help would be cool. Thanks!

I'd love to use this to do some ADAM programming, but for some reason the +/= key on my Mac does nothing under SmartBASIC. I wonder if the keys are mis-configured on coolcv-mapping.txt.

If I had to get rid of some functions to make that work, I don't have a lot of use for the snapshots and video functions.

Any help would be cool. Thanks!

I'm working for an Adam configurable keyboard mapping.

It's needed because currently it's fixed for a US keyboard.

I had an issue building the sdl2 dependencies in Debian/Jessie base for an rpi2 Retropie build.

I'm getting a "/usr/bin/dpkg error code (2)" during the following command

sudo apt-get install build-essential libfreeimage-dev libopenal-dev libpango1.0-dev libsndfile-dev libudev-dev libasound2-dev libjpeg8-dev libtiff5-dev libwebp-dev automake

The only information I get is"raspbian-bootloader contains empty filename"

I've tried to find the offending package via

sudo nano /var/lib/dpkg/status

But to no avail. I think it's aborting the process during the installtion of the libtiff package

Any ideas? Because I'm lost

Go to this website (mine) and download the image for 3.2.1

http://www.intellivision.us/raspberry/raspberry.php

This is not Retropie but the supporting files you can just copy over to get the emulators working with an Ultimate Interface. You will see in the \opt\retropie\configs\colecovision folder a config file. You should easily be able to tell what you need by looking over the package.

If anyone is interested in the Fairchild Channel F, I have it configured on my system but have not uploaded it to the website yet. I have also configured many other emulators such as the Sega Megadrive, Coleco Adam, MSX, PSX, Sega CD, and N64. I will post an update in the next few weeks.

• Like 1

If anyone is interested in the Fairchild Channel F, I have it configured on my system but have not uploaded it to the website yet. I have also configured many other emulators such as the Sega Megadrive, Coleco Adam, MSX, PSX, Sega CD, and N64. I will post an update in the next few weeks.

I would be very interested in Fairchild Channel F emulator for RetroPie! ? any chance of seeing Bally emulator as well?