IGNORED

CoolCV emulator for Mac OS X, Linux, Windows and Raspberry

nanochess

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, apologies for the late question, I was wondering, do you still need to supply +5v directly to the trackball? TIA. Al

Yes, you need to connect the CV Power Supply to the Roller Controller just the same as you still need 4 C-Batteries to use the Driving Module with that controller interface.

• 2 weeks later...

Having issues with running COOLCV 6.6 in windows 10 64 bits. It opens in black screen and it is unresponsive. Appears running on 32 bit......Any ideas on how to fix issue? thanks!

How are you loading it? Are you double clicking on the executable? Running it from a command prompt? What parameters are you using if from a command prompt? Dragging a ROM over to it? Which ROM?

Thanks for your response.

Yes, I am trying to run directly by double clicking on the exec. I then get a black screen. When I drag and drop any rom, it remains black and becomes unresponsive. The only way to close is to end with task manager. See pictures.

I have used COOLCV in the past, but never with Win 10 64.

thanks again for your help!

Al

post-44601-0-38385500-1547765318.png

post-44601-0-55037700-1547765325.png

post-44601-0-13068700-1547765334_thumb.png

post-44601-0-74548200-1547765340.png

I just downloaded 6.6 and copied it to a new folder in my Window-64bit system and the game loaded fine. I do have the latest updates applied. I am thinking the issue is not Windows. Could it be an access issue? Maybe it is not creating the config file in the My Documents folder?

Would you try right clicking on the executable and select "Run as administrator"?

Hi, thanks a lot!

I tried "run as admin" and did not work. Also I checked for config. is present in my documents and looks all correct . See attached. I will run win updates an check. Does the computer need to have any other apps/drivers loaded for coolcv to work? I such as JAVa, Flash adobe or any other like. Attached all I see in programs.

Stella work perfectly first try. K5200 and retroarch worked fine after I fixed some VCS.dll files and video drivers gl.

thanks!

Al

post-44601-0-45160400-1547768928.png

post-44601-0-94280000-1547769236_thumb.png

Edited by alortegac

I tried "run as admin" and did not work. Also I checked for config. is present in my documents and looks all correct . See attached. I will run win updates an check. Does the computer need to have any other apps/drivers loaded for coolcv to work? I such as JAVa, Flash adobe or any other like. Attached all I see in programs.

Stella work perfectly first try. K5200 and retroarch worked fine after I fixed some VCS.dll files and video drivers gl.

I did nothing special to my system. CoolCV ran perfectly. Hopefully, Oscar will chime in about the need for supporting programs. I do not think anything extra is needed. Sorry I could not help.

I switch to another computer and COOLCV was running correctly standalone. Once I paired with LAUNCHBOX.....run well few times and then I got the black screen of death again..It does not run anymore., even standalone. Crashing every time.

KAT5200 also crashed the same way after running fine few times standalone, I paired it with LAUNCH BOX...it worked few times, then black screen.

I reinstalled both emulators from scratched again both still crashing to black screen when starting up....

Any ideas? Any experience with COOLCV and LAUNCH BOX.

thanks!

• Like 1

Running (trying) CoolCV on Mac Mojave 10.14.1 - (OpenEMU does fine on regular Colecovision but wanted the SGM)

Keep getting this:

CoolCV cannot be opened because of a problem

Check with the developer to make sure CoolCV works with this version of macOS. You may need to reinstall the application. Be sure to install any available updates for the application and macOS.

Click Report to see more detailed information and send a report to Apple.

Running (trying) CoolCV on Mac Mojave 10.14.1 - (OpenEMU does fine on regular Colecovision but wanted the SGM)

Keep getting this:

CoolCV cannot be opened because of a problem

Check with the developer to make sure CoolCV works with this version of macOS. You may need to reinstall the application. Be sure to install any available updates for the application and macOS.

Click Report to see more detailed information and send a report to Apple.

I'm running on 10.14.1 with no issues. Which games have you tried?

Tried The Dukes of Hazzard game & Buck Rogers by dragging onto the icon & then setting it up to open with the CoolCV app via "get info".

Neither worked.

I did get the dialogue box.

Exactly how did you get yours running & what version did you use?

Edited by knievel1
  • Like 1

Tried The Dukes of Hazzard game & Buck Rogers by dragging onto the icon & then setting it up to open with the CoolCV app via "get info".

Neither worked.

I did get the dialogue box.

Exactly how did you get yours running & what version did you use?

I just dragged to my CoolCV icon. I just tried your other method of changing the associated program to CoolCV and it also worked. You've re-installed the emulator as well?

I'm using version 0.6.3

Oh and a possibly silly question but you do have the coleco bios on your system correct?

I just dragged to my CoolCV icon. I just tried your other method of changing the associated program to CoolCV and it also worked. You've re-installed the emulator as well?

I'm using version 0.6.3

Oh and a possibly silly question but you do have the coleco bios on your system correct?

The BIOS is included with CoolCV. Probably it's missing installing libSDL.

Thanks for your response.

Yes, I am trying to run directly by double clicking on the exec. I then get a black screen. When I drag and drop any rom, it remains black and becomes unresponsive. The only way to close is to end with task manager. See pictures.

thanks again for your help!

Al

Could you please tell me about this problem? Everything works perfectly except COOLCV. I cannot find a confi file to check on how is loading or a debugger? Does it conflict with LAUNCHBOX? Any suggestions will be appreciated./ Al

I get only here and then it crashes and becomes unresponsive....but I could see it is there somewhere but screen is all black. Any ideas? thanks!

Sorry! I don't know what happens. I don't know Launchbox nor I've tested it.

If CoolCV already worked in your setup, and doesn't work after installing LaunchBox, and also makes another emulator to fail, then it's pretty probable LaunchBox messed up your display settings.

I've got CoolCV 0.6.6 on Mojave -

At the risk of sounding dense, I click on the app to open. Didn't work.

Then, I tried dragging a game onto the app icon.

Nope. "CoolCV cannot be opened due to a problem"

Downloaded CoolCV all zip from thread here -- am I missing something?

A install step?

Tried dragging Buck Rogers SGM to icon as well as the SGM test ROM.

No luck.

thanks all for the help....