IGNORED

CoolCV emulator for Mac OS X, Linux, Windows and Raspberry

nanochess

I do not have a PI 1 to test the emulators on but the two emulators that may play Coleco games well on the PI 1 would be AdamEM (tested) and AdvMess (not tested). I have hacked both of these emulators. AdamEM, which is great for Adam emulation, now supports all the keyboard keys and the programmer of the emulator has been working on updating it. AdvMess has been updated so that the controllers work well but does not support Adam emulation well.

CoolCV is the best supported Coleco/Adam emulator out there for the PI. Nanochess expanded the original controller mappings to support mapping of the Adam keys and continues enhancing game support. It also supports the Ultimate Interface spinner for the rollerball, driving wheel, and super action controller.

After getting the keyboard interface created, I have come to learn that there is very little interest in Adam emulation. I hope nanochess continues to support the Adam because I love it. If anyone is on a PI 1 and want Adam support, AdamEM is the way to go. I am more than happy to help you get it running. Maybe you might even be interested in an Adam keyboard interface :)

• 4 weeks later...

So how can I get ADAM .DDP or .DSK images to load up in RetroPie? I can get them to work just fine using CoolCV on the mac by dragging the .ddp image onto the icon and it loads. But in retropie, all my CV roms load just fine, but when I try a .ddp or .dsk file it just loads to ADAM's Electronic Typewriter.

Here is what my es_config looks like for ColecoVision:

colecovision
ColecoVision
~/RetroPie/roms/colecovision
.rom .ROM .col .COL .zip .ZIP .bin .BIN .dsk .DSK .ddp .DDP
/opt/retropie/emulators/coolcv/coolcv_pi %ROM%
colecovision
colecovision
Any ideas?

Here is what I have:

<system>
<name>colecovision_adam</name>
<fullname>Coleco ADAM</fullname>
<path>~/RetroPie/roms/colecovision_adam</path>
<extension>.rom .ROM .dsk .DSK .ddp .DDP</extension>
<command>/opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 0 _SYS_ colecovision_adam %ROM%</command>
<platform>colecovision</platform>
<theme>colecovision_adam</theme>
</system>

The command line in the emulator.cfg

coolcv="/opt/retropie/emulators/colecovision/coolcv %ROM%"

Here is what I have:

colecovision_adam

Coleco ADAM

~/RetroPie/roms/colecovision_adam

.rom .ROM .dsk .DSK .ddp .DDP

/opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 0 _SYS_ colecovision_adam %ROM%

colecovision

colecovision_adam

The command line in the emulator.cfg

coolcv="/opt/retropie/emulators/colecovision/coolcv %ROM%"

For this to work, what directories do you have the emulator in? I tried this and though I had everything in the right place and it just gave me loads of issues.

The command line shows where the emulator is located in. I renamed the file from coolcv_pi to coolcv.

I separate my Colecovision from the Adam so I have the emulator.cfg in the folder: /opt/retropie/configs/colecovision_adam

The theme is located in: /etc/emulationstation/themes/carbon/colecovision_adam

The config shows where the ROMs/DDP/DSKs go.

If you want to keep the Coleco games along side your Adam games then just combine them. The emulator cfg will stay the same.

• 1 month later...

I know I'm late to the party here, but ...

CoolCV 0.6.4 crashes upon launch atop OS X El Capitan (v. 10.11.5, specifically). This appears to be due to a fault in loading the SDL2 framework (full crashlog attached):

Dyld Error Message:

Library not loaded: @rpath/SDL2.framework/Versions/A/SDL2
Referenced from: /Applications/CoolCV.app/Contents/MacOS/CoolCV
Reason: image not found

I see that this dependency has been integrated within the OS X .app bundle since CoolCV 0.3 and is indeed present when I inspect the package contents post-install. Any clue what's gone bonkers here, nanochess?

Thanks.

coolcv064-crash.txt

I know I'm late to the party here, but ...

CoolCV 0.6.4 crashes upon launch atop OS X El Capitan (v. 10.11.5, specifically). This appears to be due to a fault in loading the SDL2 framework (full crashlog attached):

Dyld Error Message:

Library not loaded: @rpath/SDL2.framework/Versions/A/SDL2

Referenced from: /Applications/CoolCV.app/Contents/MacOS/CoolCV

Reason: image not found

I see that this dependency has been integrated within the OS X .app bundle since CoolCV 0.3 and is indeed present when I inspect the package contents post-install. Any clue what's gone bonkers here, nanochess?

Thanks.

attachicon.gifcoolcv064-crash.txt

Not an idea of what's happening here, you could try to install the SDL2 library from here https://www.libsdl.org/download-2.0.php

Maybe El Capitan doesn't trust the integrated libraries.

Not an idea of what's happening here, you could try to install the SDL2 library from here https://www.libsdl.org/download-2.0.php

Maybe El Capitan doesn't trust the integrated libraries.

I gave your suggestion a whirl and plopped SDL2.framework into ~/Library/Frameworks and viola, it runs. Thanks.

However, this doesn't explain why @rpath is failing to reference the SDL2.framework already present within the application bundle.

I guess add this known limitation to the first post in this thread or to the documentation for CoolCV until a solution is found? Nothing exotic about the configuration of my laptop, so I assume someone else might trip over this issue in the future.

• Like 1

I am curious,

I use the Raspi and PC to emulate Coleco, Using the Utlimate USB Controller adaptor, InTV mainly but does a pretty good job with Coleco and others.

Sooo, has anyone built a gettup to load games from physical cartridge? or attach an Adam Tape drive, adamnet devices?

Currently working to fix up a Module 3, mainly for fun but also to test devices and tapes. If I could just attach that to a raspi, I'd save a lot of desk space.

Thanks for a great product !

HEY anyone here knows where I could fine coolcv_libretro.dll file? Im trying to fine it for my window 7 EmulationStation all week and I dont know if theres any for Colecovision even if theres a system, theme images and as I can see the roms and games in menu still dont know if I can fine coolcv_libretro.dll at all? Also where can I fine all ****_libretro.dll at all?

Edited by Atariboy2600

HEY anyone here knows where I could fine coolcv_libretro.dll file? Im trying to fine it for my window 7 EmulationStation all week and I dont know if theres any for Colecovision even if theres a system, theme images and as I can see the roms and games in menu still dont know if I can fine coolcv_libretro.dll at all? Also where can I fine all ****_libretro.dll at all?

Sorry, I don't know about this. Probably someone took CoolCV and made a library for EmulationStation, but I don't know anything about this.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

nice work nanochess for coolcv
buy the way, for the rasberrypi F7 is still not working.
to find the commands to all button, I used an earlier version of coolcv. My only problem is that for my joystick up/down and left/right, the F7 tells me some thing like this "axis1 key-32767" but I am not able to put it in coolcv_mappings.txt, because coolcv clears this entry when I execute it.