IGNORED

Introducing Amigos: A new Amiga Podcast!

BoatofCar

Just in time for Amiga's 30th birthday, the debut episode of the Amigos Podcast is now live! This has long been a dream project for my cohost Aaron and me, and it's finally happened.

Stream or download it from http://amigospodcast.com or subscribe to the feed in iTunes or your favorite podcatcher app with this feed:http://feeds.feedburner.com/amigospodcast

On this show:

News:
Amiga's 30th Birthday
Commodore Amiga: A Visual Compendium
A1200 Housing Kickstarter Project

Hardware:
Amiga 1000
The first Amiga television commercial

Game:
Hybris
Interview with Hybris programmer Martin Pedersen

Outtro Music: Hybris Title Music by Paul van der Valk - Performed by Tony Fluke Wiren

We'd love to get some feedback on the show--things you like, don't like, etc. Also, feel free to correct any of the mistakes I'm sure we made :) Thanks for checking it out!

Edited by BoatofCar
  • Like 3

Well, for one thing, the developer wasn't paying attention in school: "hybris" doesn't mean what he thinks it means. :) The word is "hubris."

BTW, I'm excited about this podcast! I had to give up my Amiga almost ten years ago but I can't wait to hear more episodes. I left you guys a much longer feedback on the blog. :)

Thanks Dauber! I really enjoyed reading your post on the blog.

New episode coming Thursday! We will also be streaming Hybris and our new game of the week at 6pm EST (10pm UTC) on Twitch, at http://www.twitch.tv/amigospodcast

The stream will also be recorded and posted on Youtube for those who can't catch it live.

Shameless plugging continues! We have a Facebook page at facebook.com/amigospodcast :)

Edited by BoatofCar

Episode 2 is up! This week's game is popular 2D platformer Superfrog.

Show Notes:

The Big Book of Amiga Hardware

Amiga Amazon Fire TV Guide

Pie Factory Podcast

Superfrog entry at Lemon Amiga

Youtube Link to Episode 2

Amigos Livestream: Watch John, Aaron, and Brent play Superfrog and discuss classic arcade games and more!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Amigos Amiga Podcast & Livestream Ep. 5 - Amiga Pinball Special Pt. 1 is live!

This week, we take a look at two pinball games for the Amiga--First Person Pinball and Pinball Dreams. One is great! The other is...not.

Archived Livestream here!

I keep telling myself that one of these days, I'll look into these so-called "podcast" things. What's the difference between them and a YouTube video? Audio only? Can't you just do an audio only YouTube vid? Wait, this podcast looks to have video. :ponder:

Nevermind... one_of_these_days! :rolling:

That's a good question! A podcast is just the name of an audio program that uses RSS (a bit of code) that makes a specialized app automatically download new episodes to a phone, tablet or computer. The most popular podcast app on the PC is iTunes, and transferring those files, once downloaded, to an iPod is how "pod"casting got its name. These days, though, most people subscribe through myriad podcasting apps on phones and tablets.

We at the Amigos podcast (and by "we" I mean "I") not only release audio episodes through RSS/iTunes, but also upload them to Youtube.

Here's our audio podcast from last week, uploaded to Youtube.

In addition, after we record the podcast, we do a video of the game we talked about with our commentary over it. That is what the livestream video is above. It's technically streamed live on twitch.tv before we upload it to Youtube, which is why it's called a livestream.

Thirdly, we also have an HTML5 embedded player on our blog page that you can listen to the audio from the podcast on.

I hope that clears things up! It is a little confusing as I look over what I just wrote, but the long and short of it is, however you want to listen to the podcast, there's a way, and if you want to watch us playing the game and talking over it, that's there too!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Lots of new content from the Amigos!

Episode 12 - Kick Off 2

Watch us play it!

In Episode 13, I interview Paul Shaw from Melbourne for a look at the Amiga scene down under.

And our newest episode kicking off our Halloween Spooktacular, Fright Night!

With a livestream!

As always, you can subscribe to our podcast and leave comments at http://amigospodcast.com. Thanks for listening!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
The Amigos have been busy! We're still reviewing hardware and games, every week!

Plus live streams of all the games...except Dragon's Lair. We couldn't get it to work when we were all set up to stream :(

Edited by BoatofCar

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Amigos is still going strong! Some of our latest content...

Dreamkatcha is now writing for us full-time (mostly because of the free lunches in the Amigos canteen) and continues to craft the wittiest reviews this side of Retro Gamer (what side that is is up to you).

Dreamkatcha on:

We also are featuring listeners' Amiga rigs, so if you have some pics you'd like to share, send them on over to amigos@amigospodcast.com!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...