IGNORED

Comparison of TI-99/x and Geneve 9640 emulators

globeron

Here is a link to a spreadsheet (.ods format) that I created several years ago comparing most of the top TI99/4A emulators/simulators:

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AjWNjAZpt3oLgYlXPkt4ezrVjNyB1A

It probably needs to be updated since some of authors have since released later versions of their programs.

In my opinion:

For the better sound emulation I suggest you use Win994a (tested running XB version of Axel F on both of them, then recording the sound in .wav format with Audacity and comparing the graphic representations on the two graphs that were produced)

For the better speech emulation I suggest you use Win99a (tested running Lincoln's Gettysburg Address on both of them, then recording the sound in .wav format with Audacity and comparing the graphic representations on the two graphs that were produced; same was performed again with the music in the program)

For the better bitmapped graphic emulation I suggest you use Classic99 (tested viewing converted Convert9918 files on both of them; images appear to have more definition with Classic99)

Classic99's speech portion of the emulator still isn't finish (according to author); used "old" version of speech synthesizer software and needs to correct the interrupts

Classic99's sound portion of the emulator still isn't finish (according to author); used "old" version of sound chip software

Edited by ewbray

Classic99's sound portion of the emulator still isn't finish (according to author); used "old" version of sound chip software

Classic99's sound chip emulation is top notch and I'll put it against hardware any day. Test again - your spreadsheet is a few years out of date. ;)

The speech comments remain true as I still don't think much of the Speech Synth. ;)

• Like 1