IGNORED

The Atari Jaguar Game by Game Podcast

Shinto

You may have heard my regular audio submissions to such notable podcasts as the Atari 2600 Game by Game Podcast, the Atari 5200 Super Podcast, and the Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast. It's time, I think, to step out from the shadows of giants and into the glaring, potentially flesh-searing spotlight of Real Podcasting with a show of my own: the Atari Jaguar Game by Game Podcast.

I do like the Atari Jaguar, always have, so my intention here is to give it a fair shake, to lend a sympathetic voice to this much-maligned platform, but without being obsequious, either. I don't want to gloss over deficiencies, nor do I want to trash something simply because it's trendy to do so. I believe there's a nice middle ground in there. Also, I wanted an excuse to use the word "obsequious" in a sentence, so thanks for indulging me there. It's a fun word to say.

Episode 0 (the obligatory introduction episode) is now online, and can be found on the RSS feed. iTunes and Stitcher feeds are pending.

All show information can be found at jaguar.gamebygamepodcast.com which is a simple site that serves only as a quick and easy reference to all the various links for the podcast.

I hope you'll join me. At least for the podcast, not necessarily for the flesh searing part.

• Like 16

Shinto, you've made my day...
i've been hoping for a jag podcast for a long time, and frankly i couldn't have hoped for a better host... your "radio" voice is excellent and the content you've supplied the other podcasts has always been wonderful, both interesting and balanced, so i'm already a fan and i've not even listened to the intro episode yet :thumbsup:
i'm looking forward to a Jeff (have you paid atari today?) Minter interview :)

• Like 1

Thank you, iddod, for the kind words. You know, I submit these audio segments to the 2600/5200/7800 podcasts, but other than the hosts, I can't tell if anybody likes them. In my mind's eye (of which television is the retina, or so I've been told) I picture people groaning and reaching for the fast-forward button as soon as my name is announced. Other than a few isolated examples (yours is the third) I can't tell for sure if that's the case, but I'm getting the real sense that it is not. So if you like my past submissions, yeah, I think you'll really enjoy the Jaguar podcast!

I originally wasn't planning on conducting interviews, but in the course of my research into episode 1, I've gathered contact information on a couple of guys with whom I'd love to speak, so we'll see. I may opt for specific interview-only episodes, like ANTIC has been doing.

• Like 2

Thank you, iddod, for the kind words. You know, I submit these audio segments to the 2600/5200/7800 podcasts, but other than the hosts, I can't tell if anybody likes them. In my mind's eye (of which television is the retina, or so I've been told) I picture people groaning and reaching for the fast-forward button as soon as my name is announced. Other than a few isolated examples (yours is the third) I can't tell for sure if that's the case, but I'm getting the real sense that it is not. So if you like my past submissions, yeah, I think you'll really enjoy the Jaguar podcast!

I originally wasn't planning on conducting interviews, but in the course of my research into episode 1, I've gathered contact information on a couple of guys with whom I'd love to speak, so we'll see. I may opt for specific interview-only episodes, like ANTIC has been doing.

Believe us, people LOVE your audio segments :), you should have no problems with Trolls like the 5200 and ColecoVisions cast :P

• Like 1

I'm gearing up to record episode 1, about the origins and launch of the Jaguar. If you have any stories you'd like to share about how you got into the Jaguar, old or new, please send those in by 23:59:59 UTC on August 6th, to make sure they get in the show. jaguar@gamebygamepodcast.com works best, AtariAge PM is fine, even posting to this thread would be OK. I hope to publish this episode August 9th.

Thank you all for your support; I'm thrilled with the reaction so far, and excited to get rolling on this.

• Like 4

PM's been exchanged :-)

And as i explained there, your more than welcome to take any info from my interviews online or those we've chatted about that have'nt yet been published to help with future podcasts, but i'm going to sadly decline your kind offer of recording a feature or features myself for future podcasts.
Unlike your goodself i've not the voice to pull it off, plus as i explained what with work/real world issues at home etc i've not the time.
Plus my plan was always to see ST Gamer Vol 2 finished, wrap up the GTW Atari article and misc Q's sent on behalf of Unseen64 etc and fade back into the obscurity from wence i came.
I will of course pass on any findings that come back in from Q's sent out months ago.
I'm far more suited to 1 who listens and enjoys the podcasts, than attempts to be an actual presenter.I've lost all of my West Country accent thankfully, but even still... :-)

I'm gearing up to record episode 1, about the origins and launch of the Jaguar. If you have any stories you'd like to share about how you got into the Jaguar, old or new, please send those in by 23:59:59 UTC on August 6th, to make sure they get in the show. jaguar@gamebygamepodcast.com works best, AtariAge PM is fine, even posting to this thread would be OK. I hope to publish this episode August 9th.

Thank you all for your support; I'm thrilled with the reaction so far, and excited to get rolling on this.

I already e-mailed you a audio submission to use in the podcast, Shinto. It's probably going to be my only one, but I wanted to help in some way. ;)

• Like 1

Shinto - I've already submitted my "how I got into the Jaguar" story by email, and tripped all over myself telling you how excited about the podcast I was. I also wanted to second (third? fourth?) the feedback here on your prior submissions to the other Game by Game podcasts. Top notch. As iddod said, I was already a fan before you even started. :-)