IGNORED

The Atari Jaguar Game by Game Podcast

Shinto

I'll have to check out the Rebooteriods episode and give my feedback on it for a catch up on the next episode. As CJ already knows, I love that game. :D It was the asteriods the Jaguar needed and deserved.

As for Brutal Sports, love that game and had many hours of fun playing it with friends. Have to write up on that as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thank you very much, DrMalba. I wish I could keep up a regular episode release schedule, but the research is incredibly time-consuming, so I do my best to fit it in with the usual grown-up responsibilities of jobs and kids and household and stuff. This summer has been nuts. I haven't stopped working on the next episode, it's coming along nicely, just very slowly. I still love putting together this podcast, it's a lot of fun to do, so I am grateful for your support and patience!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The research and effort that Shinto puts into each episode is amazing. Just the show notes are a treasure trove. And the quality of the podcast itself is amazing. I highly recommend the podcast to anyone who has even a passing fancy on the Jaguar. Every episode is worth the wait - no matter how long it is.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

The Brutal Sports Football episode is out, and to back up that audacious claim I have a link to Libsyn and some show notes, plus you can also check it out on iTunes, your favorite RSS-based podcast player, and probably Stitcher at this point as well.

The next episode of the podcast will cover Double Dragon V! If you have any feedback for this one, I'd love to get it in the episode, so post/PM here, or send a text or audio submission to jaguar@gamebygamepodcast.com by October 20th.

Thank you for listening!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The latest installment of the podcast, covering Double Dragon V: The Shadow Falls, is now online. Here's a direct link, some show notes, and you'll also find it on iTunes and Stitcher. Even if you don't care for the game, I hope you enjoy the episode.

Up next is Pinball Fantasies. If you have any feedback you'd like to share, please post here, PM me, or send a text or audio submission to jaguar@gamebygamepodcast.com. Thanks!

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

The latest episode of the podcast, covering Pinball Fantasies, is out of the launch lane and hopefully not headed for a quick drain. Fire up your flipper fingers, check it out, and as always thank you for listening.

The next episode will cover Troy Aikman NFL Football, and if you happen to have any feedback you'd like to share on that one, please send that along, text or audio submission, to jaguar@gamebygamepodcast.com. Thanks!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Just what everybody wanted for Valentine's Day: a podcast episode... about an NFL football game... on the Jaguar. Episode 21 - Troy Aikman NFL Football is now available in your RSS-based podcast client, with iTunes and Stitcher following whenever they pick it up.

The next episode will focus on Hover Strike, and I've set an arbitrary feedback deadline of March 9th for that one, if you'd like to send something in (please?). Thank you for listening!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Episode 22, covering the cartridge version of Hover Strike, has arrived on an unnamed planet near you. Watch out for space pirates. The direct link is at the top of the show notes, and you can also find this episode on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, and your favorite RSS-based podcast application. Buoyed by a bunch of great feedback, I think this may be one of my favorite episodes to date.

• Like 3

Not sure if you dug it up for the episode (I havent listened yet) but well after the Jaguar's death, a local radio station had a PSA about smoking or fire safety or something, & the music under the narration was from one of Hover Strike's levels.

Not sure if you dug it up for the episode (I havent listened yet) but well after the Jaguar's death, a local radio station had a PSA about smoking or fire safety or something, & the music under the narration was from one of Hover Strike's levels.

That's remarkable, but no, I haven't heard about that. I'd appreciate a link if you could find one.

Whoa hang on here, I had Unconquered Lands & I'm 99% sure NONE of the music you played on the episode was on the UL disc.

Totally different soundtracks?

The soundtracks are largely different. As I said in the episode, I intentionally avoided Unconquered Lands in my research because I didn't want to cloud my opinions of the cartridge version, beyond what I remember of playing Unconquered Lands a couple decades ago. When the UL episode comes around, I'll do a closer music comparison, but for years I've carried around the UL music on my various MP3 players, ripped from the CD. After a quick listen, the title theme is present in a remixed form, and the others I didn't readily recognize from the cartridge version.

I wonder if, for the radio PSA you mentioned, one of the tracks from the CD version was used. It's certainly easier to rip the CD (or hit up Fading Twilight) than to record off of the cartridge.

...for years I've carried around the UL music on my various MP3 players, ripped from the CD.

You too, eh? ;)

I'll try to hunt down the track they used on that radio PSA. It's from UL. I suppose they thought no one would recognize it.

Edited by RJ

• 1 month later...

Wow.

I had forgotten i had submitted feedback on this one, but then as you pointed out, it was 18 months ago.

Must of been around the time i was sending the last scraps of info i had on misc Jaguar games to likes of your good self, Unseen64, Atarimania etc.

Feels like a lifetime ago.