IGNORED

An interview with Bill Hogue from 1983

Mclaneinc

Was looking around the wonderful www.retromags.com and downloaded a set of magazines called Electronic Games (not to be confused with EGM) and in issue 18 there's a small but nice interview with Bill Hogue himself and articles about Miner 2049er. They seem a nice read and give a nice viewpoint of selling a game in those days.

I stripped out the jpgs from the cbz file to save those that don't read digital comics from having to install software.

To download from Retromags you have to sign up (FREE) but its a nice resource

Hope its new to some people..

Oops, forgot to say I've email the site to ask permission almost a week ago but no reply, so as they are just a few pages from a whole magazine and the last contact from them to others was before Xmas I took the liberty to upload them, these magazines have been in the public domain etc for ages now but at least I bothered to ask AND they have my Atar User scans that I did many years ago with my reviews in so its fair play, I wasn't asked so 1 all :)

post-13027-0-71820700-1437910651_thumb.jpg

post-13027-0-75644500-1437910673_thumb.jpg

post-13027-0-54239800-1437910686_thumb.jpg

post-13027-0-88065400-1437910701_thumb.jpg

post-13027-0-47754700-1437910719_thumb.jpg

post-13027-0-96549300-1437910733_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 2

Thanks.

I often read Electronic Games back in the 80's, but I don't recall this interview. I know who Big Five Bill Hoque was, I've certainly played the 5200 and A8 Miner 2049'er game many many times, but fI never saw a picture of him - it is surprising to me how young he was! 21!

Thanks for the Electronic Games website - I did manage to purchase one or two issues of this back in the day, and was impressed by it's quality.

It's always good to read about the person behind such a landmark game - likewise about the programmers behind Montezuma's Revenge, Spy vs Spy and others were covered by this and other magazines.

One notable programmer I never got to read anything at all about, would be Bob Polin of Blue Max fame. There was only a brief mention about him, in one of Antic mp3 audio files.

Harvey