IGNORED

Astro Fighter

PacManPlus

Astro Fighter was always one of those visceral favorites of mine- meaning when you even look at the game, those familiar smells, and yes, tastes of that bygone era come flooding into my head again.

It was 1980. We had a little Mom and Pop Deli up the road from our house. I rode my bike there every chance I got. If my Mom needed ANYTHING from the store, I was on it! The reason- they had a 5 piece arcade in the back! They had this game- I could play for hours! We always needed bread at home- Mom would give me $2.00 for a loaf of bread that cost .60! So, I could get a Twix bar, (or a Whatchamacallit, before they put caramel in them, by the way!) a Nehi Grape, and enough for a game or two! So, every time I play this game, it just takes me back.

This game is STUNNING on the 7800! I looks and plays like the arcade version! And I should know-

90c132ddeec470e690f7b494bb573303.jpg

Not only would I highly recommend this game, but I'd like to post a review over on my site, if it's ok.

Thank you for the great memories this morning!!!!!

Thank you for that trip down memory lane. I used to play this one for a short time in 'Kathy's Deli' on Oak Street in Copiague (Long Island).

...and you can absolutely post a review.

Thank you, MSd7342, and everyone else for the kind words. They mean a lot to me. :)

Bob

Thank you for that trip down memory lane. I used to play this one for a short time in 'Kathy's Deli' on Oak Street in Copiague (Long Island).

...and you can absolutely post a review.

Thank you, MSd7342, and everyone else for the kind words. They mean a lot to me. :)

Bob

Long Island? Man, I grew up in Poughkeepsie! We were practically neighbors!!!! And thank you!!!!

Edited by Raygunn
  • Like 2