IGNORED

Astro Fighter

PacManPlus

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

"Was a pleasure :) . I also wanted to try it on my french Peritel but I got no signal on two TVs (an old Grundig and an LG Flat). Have to try it on my Sony Bravias today."

Hi, I have an 7800 french PAL with SCART... is that a Peritel?

If Astro Fighter works on PAL, it should work on this too.

Did only Astro Fighter fail, or do you have Problems to get a signal at all?

On an old LCD with two SCART connectors I did only get a signal on the first SCART connecter, on the second I got white screen.

I am asking these questions, as I would like to order Astro Fighter and want to run it on a french PAL machine...

Yes, Astro Fighter should also work on the french variant.

I have problems with all games getting a signal on it. So far, I tried it on two older TVs but I suspected to at least get a picture on the LG Flat. Will test it on two Sony Bravias when I have time to. I bought the 7800 SECAM here on AtariAge on the marketplace and don't believe it was sold dead to me, so I'm eager to get it running correctly.

So you should get Astro Fighter running on your TV without problems - BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT :)

So you should get Astro Fighter running on your TV without problems - BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT :)

Ordered it already, just wanted to confirm it will run fine on my machine before AL gonna ship it :)

Connecting the 7800 via SCART seems to be a little bit tricky.

On my 3to1 SCART switch in front of my Philips LED I have to press RGB button to get a signal from 7800 (like from Amiga).

On my old LCD TV, one SCART port did work and the other not, when connecting the 7800.

Good luck for your testing and thanks for confirming Astro Fighter will work on PAL :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I had ordered this game soon after Al made it available in the AtariAge store, but saved it for today. What an awesome game...just enjoyed playing it for about an hour or so! Thanks so much for developing this game Bob!!!

Me too! Mine is pictured above. Played first time today.

Games like this may have put the console back on my radar when it was for sale. Back when accurate shots counted.

I got to thinking. From pong consoles to Atari 2600 the year Space Invaders was first available, to ColecoVision with Atari Expansion Module and Supercharger. Tried an Adam Computer, but returned it quite quickly - I don't recall why. Atari 800XL was the best gift from my parents. Taught myself to type properly. Then it was Game Over for consoles for me. The 5200? I had the same games on the 800XL. By the time the 7800 was for sale I was out of High School and since I had many games already like Ms. Pac Man on the 2600 and the 800XL, it seemed wasteful to buy them again on a third system, plus going to an arcade in a mall or a dedicated space was easy enough before and after being able to drive. Even exclusives like Food Fight were better at the arcade than the fantastic home 7800 version.

Now if they had done the lesser known games like Bob has done and the well known games with attention to all the subtle details I might have been convinced to buy a 7800. The NES was for people my age that had children. I didn't seem to care much for 8-bit platformers, but Dr. Mario was 2 Player fun, until Sonic, Sonic 2, Hockey 94 was fun with friends and their kids.

The Atari 800XL just covered a lot of computing and entertainment up until I could almost afford the next generation, and held off just long enough to see the advantages of spending more for an Apple Computer that just works -- without worry of viruses, failing hardware bits, in your face messages and seeming to fight through tasks and endless reboots that Windows users just accept as normal operation.

• Like 1

I received AstroFighter for Christmas and I love it! I used to play this game at a small ice cream shop/arcade that was around for a short period of time when I was growing up. I've never seen it anywhere else and couldn't even remember the name of the game until I saw footage of this port. I really enjoy the game and it brought back a flood of great memories. Thanks Bob!

• Like 2