IGNORED

Help: Great picture... under White Static

Sr101

Going away for a week... Gonna sit on it, I have an original power supply and RCA cable on the way. Power cable is my last guess. This one is weird and doesn't always work, it has a light that indicates flow and even when it's plugged in it sometimes does nothing. That is the only adaptor I've tried, so that could be it.

Now touching it isn't making it better... Did I really mess this all up... Ugh kill me lol

Anddddd now it does.

WHY IS THIS SO RANDOM AHHH

Did you ever get your system problems straightened out? I was perusing the Atari VCS Domestic Field Service Manual last night and happened to run across this Service Bulletin. It seems to possibly match your symptoms:

post-30400-0-73283200-1438815210_thumb.jpg

if you are using one of those bad power cords made from glorified phone chargers, your picture will suck all the time. Easiest way to tell is if it says 100-240v on it. A temporary remedy is to coil the cord up on itself and tie with metal twist ties. You wind up with very short cord, but it does help.

Your mention of an LED on it is my clue. Those damn things let radio and tv stations right through them.

Edited by zylon

I'm waiting on an original power and RF cable, should be here by early next week. Will update, thanks!

I had tried a couple of those and they worked ok when testing and still tied up. As soon as I untied them, picture went to hell.

Great! So, It's basically fixed console wise! Just a few things.

-some games look awful, but it's not the console because without changing anything other games look fine.

-when I touch the controller (1st is better, but 3rd party is bad) the screen gets a LITTLE fuzzy, as opposed to perfect... Why?

Besides that, everything is perfectr

Cleaned games, now 1 of the 2 brokens works!

Still static, "lets try 2 player" my brother says.

Works. almost perfectly. EVERY. TIME.

So my conclusion is, I guess it just needs both controllers. Not the BEST solution, but not very detrimental at all. Any ideas to fix it permanently that would be any better than just doing this?

Damn guys, from not working, to garbage visuals, to crispy clean with a small catch. Thanks a bunch for the support guys!

• 2 months later...