IGNORED

What's the most insane thing you've done to get a 2600 game?

Mind Master

I once tipped over a wheelchair at the Goodwill in order to beat the guy to a loose copy of Frogger. I already had three copies of Frogger at the time, but I needed that one as a label upgrade for the copy I had in my back up trade bin, as it was beginning to show signs of label peeling.

Ben

I once tipped over a wheelchair at the Goodwill in order to beat the guy to a loose copy of Frogger. I already had three copies of Frogger at the time, but I needed that one as a label upgrade for the copy I had in my back up trade bin, as it was beginning to show signs of label peeling.

Ben

I hope that was an EMPTY wheelchair. :o

The craziest thing I have done was to buy 40 7800 games in an auction to get Tank Command and Ikari Warriors.  I figured I could just trade/sell the rest.  I think I spent about $400, but those two games alone would have cost me $90.

That's not crazy. I spent $250 on a 7800 auction just to get complete boxed copies of Alien Brigade, Basketbrawl, Commando, Fatal Run, Ikari Warriors, Motor Psycho and Planet Smashers; then sold off all the extras from it and made about $100 back. :D

I once babysat my friends 4 and 8 year old boys in exchange for Xonox Sir-Lancelot single ender. It was a total nightmare.. And a really long story.. But by the time the night was over, I had two kids hopped up on sugar, a foot chase though Aurora Colorado and me in the corner praying for death in the fetal position.

I can't honestly say that the game was worth it, but maybe the stories I can tell made it worth while.

The craziest thing I have done was to buy 40 7800 games in an auction to get Tank Command and Ikari Warriors.  I figured I could just trade/sell the rest.  I think I spent about $400, but those two games alone would have cost me $90.

That's not crazy. I spent $250 on a 7800 auction just to get complete boxed copies of Alien Brigade, Basketbrawl, Commando, Fatal Run, Ikari Warriors, Motor Psycho and Planet Smashers; then sold off all the extras from it and made about $100 back. :D

similar story. about five years ago, i paid about $300-400 for a big lot of 7800 games just to get a boxed copy of title match pro wrestling. i'm still making money off that lot which included: 7 shrinkwrapped tank command, 15 water ski, 2 pro wresting, 1 rampage, 1 pete rose, and about 30 other common games. the "other" pro wrestling sold immediately on ebay for $175. at the time i bought that lot, i was worried i might have overpaid :ponder:

I once spent an entire day with a shovel in New Mexico trying to find a copy of ET..  :roll:

That makes 2 of us. Maybe we can start a club :D

I'm surprised nobody has created a new 2600 game based on that concept.

Heck, it could be done as a Raiders of the lost Ark hack as there's tons of digging involved in that one.