IGNORED

Parker Brothers Reproduction Labels for sale peel and stick

Age-of-Atarius

OK folks they are finished, finally going to start selling these Parker Brothers Atari 2600 Reproduction labels. I took all the best images I could find of the game titles and completely reworked and touched them up. This was not an easy task as I sometime had to mix multiple pictures to get the full image including the copyrights. Then most scratches and blemishes that I found were gone over and fixed. These are printed on a high quality photo paper that has a strong peel and stick backing. They are made slightly larger then the original dimensions and should be a perfect fit for those games that no longer have the decent titles attached or are missing entirely. I have incorporated my trademark on all and written Retro Reproduction onto the bottom of some matching the original copyrights. Since these are early copies, I thought I would give the group here a discount price before I sell them on eBay. If you would like to order some you need buy a minimum of 4 labels. It will be just $2 for each single title copy and $2 for the S&H. Just send me a PM of your PayPal eMail account and list of what you want. I will then send you an invoice of your order so it can be tracked and insured by PayPal. I only have about 5-8 of each PB title already made. I won't be making them for Mr. Do's Castle or Q*bert's Qubes as I want those to maintain their original values. It's going to take a bit to get additional peal and stick Photo Paper, and I had to order a bulk shipment of ink for my new Epson printer. Some of these are not perfect as the copyrights are a bit blurred, yet others are really excellent and you can barely tell them from the originals. As the angular size of these are strange, they are DIY and you will have to cut them out and attach the labels yourself. This way you get the pleasure of "Restoring" your own games. Most of these I have already cut out individually, so you will likely get them ready to stick onto your own games.

post-42758-0-60611300-1438284059_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Yes most of the better ones I made do say Retro Reproduction Artwork by DCS @ Age-of-Atarius © 2015 on the ends. If the original copyright is too blury to be read I made other changes to the label. All of the the slanted TM copyright symbols have been changed to RR on every one. I wanted it to be clear that these are remanufactured so people won't take a poor label and slap on a perfect remake to increase its price. That is another reson why I chose not to make copies of Mr. Do's Castle and Q*Berts Qubes. I want the rare original games to maintain their value in the market place. IMO a rare game should show its age and have some patina. Notice on the copied Frogger three deep that you linked there is no TM right after the II where it should be? If you look closely at my copy there are two RRs where the original Trademark would be. I want to keep it clear and continue to maintain my honesty and 100% perfect feedback record on eBay. There are way too many jokers out there selling crap and overpricing reproductions. Thanks for pointing that one out to us.

I have redone every one of the PB labels but only showed a few. Obviously the pictures are lousy as they look much better in print. I have also made LotR and SW Ewoks Adventure too. But I am waiting on decision on a special project that I am working on. Those prototype labels probably won't be available for the general public. I am sorry the ones shown aren't up to some people very high standards. It's pretty strange that I have a ton of likes with another Atari group. Perhaps you folks would prefer sticking a dymo label or using crayon to write on your blank cartridges? I challenge anyone else to attempt to remake these better. Take a look at the copies that others are selling on eBay and you see that mine are better and more detailed. I never said they were perfect. If you can't say anything decent or helpful, its better to say nothing at all. Otherwise the donkeys baying by open their mouth prove they are not the lion which the monkey said they were. So ends the proverb.

Your right they were cut with sizzors. Nobody makes a laser cut design that would fit those dimensions. They are simple replacements not meant to be expensive or of a high caliber resolution. I made these up to stick on, so you could identify your blank cartridges. They aren't made to museum quality standards. Thank you for pointing out what you didn't like without resorting to just bashing them up.

Guys, constructive criticism is better than simply telling someone their label "looks like shit". You're entitled to that opinion, of course, but here is someone who obviously enjoys the hobby and is trying to contribute positively to it. Could the labels be of higher quality? Sure. But I'd much rather see people explaining what they don't like about the labels and how they could be improved, rather than just making a terse statement that, "they look like shit."

Here is my input:

I think it's great that you are embarking on making new Parker Brothers labels that people can use to replace missing labels, but there are a few things that can be improved. For one, the resolution seems pretty low. I'd probably try to find higher-quality images, or scan original labels that are in good condition and clean them up as necessary. Second, I'd get rid of the thick, black border around the edges. If you need to have this border (in order to cut the labels), you can make it much thinner, and it doesn't have to be as dark, either. And lastly, there are companies that will create labels in any shape you desire, although this is obviously more expensive, especially in lower quantities. I have done this myself for a run of Parker Brothers labels I printed in the past.

..Al

• Like 7

Thanks Albert, Obviously this is my first attempt at touching up and reproducing the original labels. I saw some of the horrid stuff that others on eBay were doing. Some are selling them and they don't even have the copyright ends atached at all. A ruler and an exacto... duhhhh, slapping self in head. Yeah, that's obviously a better idea then sizzors. For the moment will shall see what kind of sales I can generate with them as they are. It's almost impossible to get good quality cartridges to take high resolution pictures. Many of the results you see were pieced together by as many as three of the same lables. The hardest part to even get an image of was the copyrights on the ends. So many are worn out or were folded over the curves which ruined the printing. I don't even own some of the rarer cartridges myself. My best accomplishment which none seemed to notice is that I eliminated the worn crease and curved end marks on every label. That took some time, as I also had match the colors carefully. Different angles of the same pictures show up to be lighter or darker then other ones. Again thanks for the advice as this is a work in progress. I already ran out of the high quality peal & stick photo paper. Not to mention the amount of ink that I have used. Went ahead and bought those in bulk which was actually cheaper on eBay, then a single replacement at Wal-Mart would have cost me.

Love the idea of repro PB labels...they seem to fare the worst in the hands of my kids. :)

I'd take advantage of the great AA community Al has put together here. Could you put out a call for high-res PB label photos instead of just working with what you happen to find online? This is a worthy project and I'm sure people will contribute.

Even with high-res scans though, things like the copyright text are just not going to come out real well. The most professional thing to do in my opinion (20+ years in publishing) would be to match the copyright font as closely possible and just re-type it all over again. That will give you clean, crisp black text far better than a scan will. Really, I'd even want to rasterize as much as possible (logos, display type, borders), but I understand that's not in everyone's graphic design toolkit.

Your first attempts might have been a little lower resolution than many people would have liked, but you can take pride in the fact that they still look better than any labels from Hozer. :lol:

Just keep at it, don't get discouraged, and your labels (and sales) will only get better with time and practice. It's a really neat project and I'm sure that with a little help from the community finding high-res label art you'll be able to help a lot of people refurbish some of their favorite Parker Brothers games. :)

• Like 2

OK, thanks to some suggestions from helpful people I was able to make some changes and improve the quality of most of those which really weren't that great. But I could use a little bit of help from the AA group here with two labels which I cannot find decent pictures of anywhere on the web. Gyruss and Montezuma's Revenge have just terrible pictures and the copyrights I found are completely unidentifiable. I would appreciate the help, if anyone has a decent copy of those games and could post the pictures here. With your assistance we can replace those missing and crappy labels for people whom really need them and love the Parker Brothers games.