retroillucid

Coleco / ColecoVision History Book  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What are your thoughts about it?

• Can't wait!!! Instant buy!
    • Sounds interesting, but might only get the eBook
    • Couldn't care less!

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

It is hard to discuss a book we can't read yet...

My point is more about having questions/suggestions etc

I'm with Tarzilla. Given that the book is presumably pre-press (or whatever the equivalent is in the 21st century) given the release date is next month, what is there to suggest? Ditto on the questions.

• Like 1

I asked the only question I had regarding the book (that being available digitally) but however I end up getting the book I don't want to know what's inside. If it's in the ballpark of Atari - Business Is Fun for joyful reading, I'll be happy. Trust me, I'm ecstatic Coleco has a book about it. It was a great console & shouldn't be delegated ugly stepsister to Atari in history.

Edited by H.E.R.O.
  • Like 2

I asked the only question I had regarding the book (that being available digitally) but however I end up getting the book I don't want to know what's inside. If it's in the ballpark of Atari - Business Is Fun for joyful reading, I'll be happy. Trust me, I'm ecstatic Coleco has a book about it. It was a great console & shouldn't be delegated ugly stepsister to Atari in history.

Cool, thanks for your comment! :)

I'm really looking forward to this book, haven't read a good book in a while. Although I'm slightly disappointed with myself that I didn't chip in a little extra to get the hard cover version instead of the soft.. Oh well, either way, I'm glad to have contributed on the kickstarter and definitely excited to read it when it ships out. :)

I'm really looking forward to this book, haven't read a good book in a while. Although I'm slightly disappointed with myself that I didn't chip in a little extra to get the hard cover version instead of the soft.. Oh well, either way, I'm glad to have contributed on the kickstarter and definitely excited to read it when it ships out. :)

I don't back many Kickstarters but I jumped on this one quickly.

• Like 2

Let's just say I would've appreciated if people were more involved in the discussion about the book

It just look like most of fans here doesn't care much.....

But hey, I guess it's ok

So no big deal afterall

I have a question for you --> Did you guys attempt to interview, or in fact interview Arnold Greenberg?? I would loveeeeeeeee to see what he thought, or how he feels about having a passionate following of his company and console.

Let's just say I would've appreciated if people were more involved in the discussion about the book

It just look like most of fans here doesn't care much.....

But hey, I guess it's ok

So no big deal afterall

I have a question for you --> Did you guys attempt to interview, or in fact interview Arnold Greenberg?? I would loveeeeeeeee to see what he thought, or how he feels about having a passionate following of his company and console.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, no. The thing is the Greenbergs had such a bad reputation that when I interviewed Syd Greenberg, the first thing he said was, "thank god I'm not related to those Greenbergs". And I tried to contact them both but didn't get any replies. Apparently like Eric Bromley, they're still bitter about how Coleco went down. I would have love their point of view, opinions and feelings but I didn't manage to collect it. The other interviews are awesome though!

And to answer your previous question, you can buy the book and just have to wait until beginning or mid-August to get it :) It's not that long and you're sure to have a copy. http://www.booqcpublishing.com/index.php?id_product=1&controller=product&id_lang=1

• 1 month later...

It's in the process. All the books will be shipped on Friday or Monday :)

I also wanted to take the time and acknowledge all the great community we have here. Without all of you and your valuable help, the mock up cover for Kickstarter would have been bland jeopardizing the very success of this project. Your support is highly appreciated and it won't go unnoticed. We might have something in the works that should be at least of interest to you all :)

• Like 5

Thanks for the info.

I wish I had heard about the book sooner. I would definitely have contributed on Kickstarter for this.

Just a FYI, anyone can still order the softcover version of the book from the publisher if you missed the Kickstarter:

http://www.booqcpublishing.com/index.php?id_product=1&controller=product&id_lang=1

Very interesting book so far; I'm still in the pre-ColecoVision part of the book.

Read thru the PDF version already and I did enjoy it, but the numerous grammatical errors, incorrect details (ie: the Roller Controller does plug into controller ports #1 and #2 on the CV as well as the power plug), so much space dedicated to the Coleco Chameleon (I just gotta ask... WHY?????) while not enough to the CV Homebrewers were a disappointment.

Really, more about the CV & ADAM would have been much appreciated. I know this is a book about the company as a whole, but the CV was one of, if not, the most important product release by Coleco and the ADAM was one of the most detrimental. Too bad one of the Greenbergs or even Eric Bromley didn't feel the urge to contribute.

• Like 3

Read thru the PDF version already and I did enjoy it, but the numerous grammatical errors, incorrect details (ie: the Roller Controller does plug into controller ports #1 and #2 on the CV as well as the power plug), so much space dedicated to the Coleco Chameleon (I just gotta ask... WHY?????) while not enough to the CV Homebrewers were a disappointment.

Really, more about the CV & ADAM would have been much appreciated. I know this is a book about the company as a whole, but the CV was one of, if not, the most important product release by Coleco and the ADAM was one of the most detrimental. Too bad one of the Greenbergs or even Eric Bromley didn't feel the urge to contribute.

I agree would have liked more on homebrewers but then it probably needs to be a book about colecovision instead of a book about coleco the company.

• Like 1

I've noticing errors as well, other books that I have been part have sent the PDF out earlier in the process prior to printing for this very reason. No book will be error free, but I'm hoping some of it got caught before printing. Crowd sourcing for the book shouldn't end at the money gathering stage. Crowd sourced proof reading should be seen as a benefit to the project creators.

• Like 2

I agree would have liked more on homebrewers but then it probably needs to be a book about colecovision instead of a book about coleco the company.

Indeed, it's a book about Coleco as a whole, but to dedicate so much space to the Coleco Chamelon, River West Brands and Coleco Holdings (who aren't Coleco in any way shape or form) over dedicating more space to the CV Homebrewers who have been so instrumental in carrying on the torch is a crying shame.
  • Like 1

Indeed, it's a book about Coleco as a whole, but to dedicate so much space to the Coleco Chamelon, River West Brands and Coleco Holdings (who aren't Coleco in any way shape or form) over dedicating more space to the CV Homebrewers who have been so instrumental in carrying on the torch is a crying shame.

I agree with you about the space dedicated to the Chameleon

I always been against it, but that was not my call :|

But hey, more CV/ADAM stuff in the upcoming CV/ADAM Book though