IGNORED

Streaming to Windows 10

Charlie_

Has anyone else tried this? I've been playing Destiny and King's Quest streamed to my lowly Emachines PC in my TV room. So, far it works great. My son streams all his COD and Mortal Kombat to his bedroom PC and it is fantastic. Now I won't have to get him an XB1 for his room.

The only annoying thing is that I have only one controller for my XB1. So every time I bring it back to the XB1 I have to plug the USB cable in the re-sync it. My kid has two and now keeps one in his bedroom all the time. He'll just have to re-sync it when is friends come over to play.

Same here don't want the hassle but it would be cool if they did this the other way around Windows 10 --> Xbox One.

If they did and you can play your PC games, I'd never stop playing the Xbox One.

Microsoft said their working on it once they figure out any video encoding & USB input issues...

It would be great to run Steam's Big Picture Mode on an XO just to save the cost of buying a mini-PC to stream my PC games.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You need the USB cable. It is the standard USB cable most all smart phones use these days. It basically make it a wired controller. You need the cable again to plug it back in the Xbox One so it syncs back to the console. With the xbox one you can remove the cable once the light stops flashing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Same here don't want the hassle but it would be cool if they did this the other way around Windows 10 --> Xbox One.

If they did and you can play your PC games, I'd never stop playing the Xbox One.

You being serious? Like honestly? :/ people buy an xbox when they can't afford a gaming Pc and you think they will own high end PC games? Im sure it would be a novelty but I cannot see XBONE being able to Handle GTA V with settings on full, in 4k at 60fps... I mean you need an expensive router and have a killer (that is the name Qualcomm give their cards) network card just to run GTA from XBONE at sub 1080 and keeping up the 60fps - which I have yet to see any proof that it can do that.

And before you say it, it isn't my PC - unless MSI GT-80 is not good enough with it's SLI gtx980s - it is down to the network reqs. It seems cool for those wanting to play on tablet outside the house.... but that is never gonna happen as tablets are dying. Yes it may prove some use one day... right now I can see very few uses.

As for the parent with the kid... thanks for letting your child play age restricted games like MK and COD. It is always such fun to get abuse from a 12 year old whose parents need lessons in being good parents. Playing solo is one thing but to allow them online?!?! Oh and you don't need to use the usb to resync your pad - there is a button, and you advised to do it that way for a reason. I would go into it but that would require explaining why the controller also has it's own bios. And also how.

Sorry but that has angered me. You are the reason I don't play Xbone anymore and moved back to PC. After 7 glorious console years I knew plebs like the one above would ruin it with their scummy parenting. I have gone back to PC where kids don't play because they can't afford to. The only kids that play on PC play cracked version so no online ^.^ Is your soon one of those n00bTubers? *sigh* When I were younger parents took responsibility and set boundaries. I got grounded for a week when my parents found out I had bought PC Gamer with Carmageddon xmas demo on it... can remember running over a Santa as my Mother entered the room.

Wow. Nowhere did I see an age for his son. And people like me buy an Xbox for exclusives that aren't on PC. Some people like to play PC games on a big TV but don't want to pack their rig up to move to the next room or floor. Streaming might be a viable option for those people, especially if they already have the hardware. For me it's not an issue. My monitor is big enough and I can just sit closer to it. Also not everyone cares about running stuff at 4k with max everything. Some people just want to play the game, so with lower settings it can work for some. Welcome to Atariage by the way.

Edited by xenomorpher
  • Like 1

If the performance is eventually strong enough, I think this will be great for specialty controllers.

No longer will arcade stick fans have to suffer through inconvenience of trying to play away from a solid computer desk (Or moving your Xbox One away from your HDTV to your computer monitor). It also hopefully will be beneficial to flight stick users, wheel users, etc.

And they're talking about keyboard/mouse support, which is best suited for the desk environment as well. If your PC isn't quite up to the job, but you want PC style controls, it's nice to see the XB1 offer a solution for upcoming games like Cities: Skylines.

And hopefully reverse streaming comes about, where Windows 10 exclusives can be enjoyed from the comfort of your console setup if you so desire.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 1

As for the parent with the kid... thanks for letting your child play age restricted games like MK and COD. It is always such fun to get abuse from a 12 year old whose parents need lessons in being good parents. Playing solo is one thing but to allow them online?!?! Oh and you don't need to use the usb to resync your pad - there is a button, and you advised to do it that way for a reason. I would go into it but that would require explaining why the controller also has it's own bios. And also how.

Sorry but that has angered me. You are the reason I don't play Xbone anymore and moved back to PC. After 7 glorious console years I knew plebs like the one above would ruin it with their scummy parenting. I have gone back to PC where kids don't play because they can't afford to. The only kids that play on PC play cracked version so no online ^.^ Is your soon one of those n00bTubers? *sigh* When I were younger parents took responsibility and set boundaries. I got grounded for a week when my parents found out I had bought PC Gamer with Carmageddon xmas demo on it... can remember running over a Santa as my Mother entered the room.

My kid will be 18 in two weeks, you jerk-off. You definitely have something stuck up your ass. People like you are the reason the internet sucks in general.

And by the way:

http://m.memegen.com/i0yhng.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I came on here to see if anyone could help me out with Xbone streaming. And I find this thread.

It's a great idea - if it works. For me, it's not working too well at the moment. I think the problem is related to my Xbone's NAT being set at Moderate. I cannot for the life of me get an open NAT. It works well enough online, although I do get the odd drop out once in a while. When I get the streaming started on the new laptop (AMD A8, 8Gb, R7M360 crossfired, DirectX 12) it's slow to update and eventually loses connection because the stream is too slow.

So I was thinking of getting a powerline network adapter to give it a direct connection to the router. I could just get a long ethernet cable as the Xbone is in the same room as the router but if I get an xb1 controller USB adapter, one of the girls could play xbone games on the laptop upstairs without having to worry about signal strength.

Hello. I've used my i7 laptop to stream Destiny over wireless with no issue. It was fast and played very well. I have played on various wired computers all over my home network and have had no trouble. I thought that NAT on the xbox is reporting the NAT restrictions of your router as it effects the xbox's connection to the internet (xbox live). I don't think it has anything to do with the connection between your local network devices.

• 2 months later...