IGNORED

1977-1980 Text End Cap Labels Remade

Age-of-Atarius

Gheese even an "Dude those are totally stupid" would have been better then being ignored. Just cause Al scolded a few folks before for not saying anything helpful doesn't mean that you need say nothing at all. Cause I worked my binary fingers to the bone yard on some of dem der producks. If Ya'all wanna keep quite then I will have no choice but to try making paradoy fake game boxes. Let's see.... an Alfred E Newman or Cracked Magazine game box? How about a burn the confederate flag, or change Bruce into Caitlyn Jenner game? Surely I can raise some controversy with those titles. Don't make me do it. I really am a drama queen at heart. LMAO. Speak now or forever withhold your peace and insanity will ensue. No sleepy much Davey gets silly, over and out.

I like 'em. :)

(And please, don't pick on Bruce. Er, "Caitlin." It takes guts to shed a personal identity you never really accepted or believed in and remake yourself. And besides he ... er, she ... could probably still kick most of our asses.

• Like 1

Gheese even an "Dude those are totally stupid" would have been better then being ignored. Just cause Al scolded a few folks before for not saying anything helpful doesn't mean that you need say nothing at all. Cause I worked my binary fingers to the bone yard on some of dem der producks. If Ya'all wanna keep quite then I will have no choice but to try making paradoy fake game boxes. Let's see.... an Alfred E Newman or Cracked Magazine game box? How about a burn the confederate flag, or change Bruce into Caitlyn Jenner game? Surely I can raise some controversy with those titles. Don't make me do it. I really am a drama queen at heart. LMAO. Speak now or forever withhold your peace and insanity will ensue. No sleepy much Davey gets silly, over and out.

Well, I *was* going to say I think these are looking good so far, even if some need a little work, and that the text label variation is my favorite and it would be great to have a good source of printable replacements since the originals are often faded or kind of trashed.

But you can ease off with the tone a little bit. ;)

• Like 1

Nice! I really like those old silver lined labels. Sometimes I wonder if Sega had put the art from the Japanese Master System games on the carts if they would have sold more. The blueprint design with eight-year-old-art-class drawings might have lead some away from the system. Atari had the opposite problem in that they seemed to excite the senses with the art on the label or box, while the game itself looked mediocre. I chose the old style font for my personal copy of Titan Axe and I really like how it turned out. I chose pink as it seemed to be underrepresented amongst all the shades of green, blue, red, and gold. I think as the summer breaks comes to a close people are hustled up a bit and the forums reflect that with an overall lack of participation.

Thanks for the Kudos guys. As far the the silver edges or metalic colors go they aren't actually metal tints at all. I reseached the microsoft paint hues to find the closest aproximation to the original shades. The silver is more of a gray, red metal is kind of hot pink, and the closest to gold is a brightish orange. I had lightened the black on these to give them an aged look, but after seeing results will darken the shade a touch. That should give them a more realistic solid back ground. I also just ordered a small size guillotine paper cutter as that would be cheaper then getting these precut to size. Going to try and keep these as low cost as possible and will sell them in small lots. That way you could pick and choose which labels and colors you need to match the missing ones on your original Atari 2600 cartidges. It's very easy to peel and stick them on. The newer adhesive backings today are much better then they used to use before.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I am onto the next project which is the overlays for the kids games. Sadly the Star Raider keypad doesn't match up. The pins are compatable but the spacing is different for the full size controls. So I am remaking the Keypads in the original small dimensions for the blue key pads for children. But I can also resizing them & resetting the push buttons for the original black controllers which are more common. I want to get as many new products ready at the same time to get more traffic to my eBay store. These will have to be laser cut as they will likely go on the futura brand plasic which is a bit more durable then what came with these games. I should be able to get all 8 copies on a single sheet so might make a little profit after the initial start up cost. I don't see a high demand with these as the learning games weren't a big seller.

post-42758-0-64388900-1440222013_thumb.jpg

You missed the mark with these text labels. You just don't seem to get very good quality prints out of whatever type of printer you have. Also, DIE CUT is a must. If you are looking to sell these, spend the money and get a die cutter or a punch made. Buying a quality printer would really pay off too. These come off as the quiality anyone could make, if your looking to sell you have to be offering more than Joe Blow can do on their own with a $30 printer from WalMart and adhesive gloss stock from the dollar store.

This looks like a neat project. Tons of games lost their labels. A bunch of my used carts have mising labels that I wrote on with a silver sharpie. I would gladly wipe the ink off (it dissolves easily in isopropyl) and replace them with proper labels.

Some Nintendo fanatics also do this with N64 carts.

@Shawn: He did a test run on bog standard paper. I'm sure the final product will be on better stock.

Edited by stardust4ever

Still shopping for a printer. Of course the kids labels will be pre cut & done by professionals. The material sample I have is a thin plastic called futura gloss so should be more durable and better then the originals. The test printing of other labels on a gloss adhesive photo paper turned out fairly well and I will likely be ready to sell those next month. It really depends on how much the cost of quality will be for start up to determine how much I would charge for sales. I want to keep it low cost so I can sell them in smaller lots. If I sold them a few at a time it wouldn't cover the S&H & eBay fees.