IGNORED

The Official Intellivision LOOT BOX 2018 - coming soon sign up now

Rev

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I got the box today. I took a few things and added a bunch of stuff. You guys in Canada (well at least Mr_Intv will) will be in for a treat....maybe.

I just looked up the shipping cost. To me the cost was $36.67.

Currently the box is 18" X 12" X 12" and weights 17 lbs - 3 oz.

According to USPS.com it will cost $81.45. That is the cheapest on the website.

I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade but.... until I got the box the contents were maybe barely that much.

What is a guy to do. Bite the bullet and have the wife mad for several weeks and try to live down the wrath of the wife or pare it down and live with the shame from the AA members who expect great things (and deserve them).

I make another post that explains some of the contents (common items mostly) and am asking for PM's on ideas about the issue.

Please DO NOT follow this link if you don't want to know some of the content of the box. Not all is listed but some items.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/272970-shipping-dilemma/

Again, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

HJ

P.S. - I just thought of 1 thing. Perhaps I could remove all common items, take pics and post them. The next peron on the list could PM me and have them for just the postage and when he sends the box on the next person on the list could also pick from the updated list.

Just a suggestion. One of many I hope. If anyone want me to, I could remove the common items, repackage and get a new shipping cost.

Edited by Humblejack

When I heard how much it was to ship to me, and how much it was to ship after I removed more than a few pounds... I knew this thing was going to be expensive to go across the border especially in December. Oh, here's a thought: Doesn't Canada Post change shipping costs around December? Would it be cheaper to ship in January?

When I heard how much it was to ship to me, and how much it was to ship after I removed more than a few pounds... I knew this thing was going to be expensive to go across the border especially in December. Oh, here's a thought: Doesn't Canada Post change shipping costs around December? Would it be cheaper to ship in January?

I don't know the answer but perhaps one of y'all up North can answer.

Also a question for you guys up North. Someone from down South has requested quite a few of the common items.

As I stated in one of my comments, I think it should go in order of the next on list to request any common item, but if you don't plan on getting any of the common items in the pics and have no objection to someone not on the Grab Bag list (as least I can't find him but have asked Rev for a new list) to have any of them.

As the first Canadian and next on the list I most definitely DO NOT need or want anything that is common. And Canada Post does infact raise their prices this time of year. This whole concept is a fun and neat idea but its not reall fun when the associated shipping costs get out of hand. Maybe its better to have a separate Canadian, USA and European version going forward.