IGNORED

Soulbuster's Non-Variant List of Homebrew Games Released

Can we add a microbrew category? It's more of an accessory...an actual beer used to help sort all this out. After a six pack, I'm sure everything will settle into place :D

That would help, but then we have to break it down into: IPA or Lager? It's all downhill from there! :o

• Like 1

Can we add a microbrew category? It's more of an accessory...an actual beer used to help sort all this out. After a six pack, I'm sure everything will settle into place :D

That would help, but then we have to break it down into: IPA or Lager? It's all downhill from there! :o

great idea !!!!

we had a snow fall last night and I have the lane way and yard full of beer cooling .. Come by and we'll light a fire drink a few and chat about it... lol

Cheers!!!

Edited by m-crew

Another option, since clearly there is no consensus, is that people should collect whatever makes them happy. While my list may differ from someone else, that's OK as long as everyone gets from this hobby what they need.

Personally I want to collect the 125 CIB, every single post 2000 release, (save the one off versions of Carol that dZ made as prizes for the competition winners), every single box variation, every language manual variation, all the Brazilian bootlegs, every box version of all hardware, all accessories, every catalog, every single piece of paperwork and other Inty ephemera that I can find, etc. But that's just me, YMMV, and that's fine too. :)

• Like 1

Not sure why you'd want Rev to take down the fun club he'd put together but to each their own as I've stated.

I don't know where you got that I want rev to take down the fun club he put together from my post .. I just said it make that list Irrelevant... :) lol Please don't assume things on my behalf..

So your may be right to each there own.. So why have a topic pinned and new members trying to achieve a goal, should not other peoples goals be pinned to the top of Intellivison forum..

This thought makes these calcifications of the 125 club or (126 CIB) Irrelevant ;) which it is the 126 in my opinion.. you cant have triple challenge in the list without the Atari soft Pac Man. :)

Why have a list then.. ;)

http://www.intellivisionrevolution.com/the-125-club

I guess I misunderstood you calling the 125 Club irrelevant and then linking to Rev's site to mean that you thought the club had no value. My bad.

As for why have the list posted, it was created due to many requests from those new to the Inty asking for a checklist. We checked with Al and he thought it was worthwhile to pin. The info for the list came from the Intellivision Lives website run by Keith Robinson. I felt it was a credible source.

• Like 1

Another option, since clearly there is no consensus, is that people should collect whatever makes them happy. While my list may differ from someone else, that's OK as long as everyone gets from this hobby what they need.

Personally I want to collect the 125 CIB, every single post 2000 release, (save the one off versions of Carol that dZ made as prizes for the competition winners), every single box variation, every language manual variation, all the Brazilian bootlegs, every box version of all hardware, all accessories, every catalog, every single piece of paperwork and other Inty ephemera that I can find, etc. But that's just me, YMMV, and that's fine too. :)

Don't forget the Dutch.

• Like 1

I guess I misunderstood you calling the 125 Club irrelevant and then linking to Rev's site to mean that you thought the club had no value. My bad.

As for why have the list posted, it was created due to many requests from those new to the Inty asking for a checklist. We checked with Al and he thought it was worthwhile to pin. The info for the list came from the Intellivision Lives website run by Keith Robinson. I felt it was a credible source.

All Good !!!! :)

Just trying to clarify things, Im sure its a credible source but then again with any source ,its where and how the information was gathered and from who it was gathered and how its interpreted .. Is that Keith opinion only(which I do respect highly) or was it gathered from everyone involved with the original release of the intellivision and all who were involved from the beginning to the end of the Original Commercial release..

lol There I even confused my self..lol

Cheers Cmart

like i said all good... To Each there Own...

Yes, that goes without saying. I like variation lists, and minor arguments about the original 125/124 are fun. But you can't call "Ms Night Stalker" or "Robot Rubble" homebrews. A lot of skill and work goes into making boxes/intructions/overlays but a box is not a video game. And modding old games takes skill, I wish we had more of it; although I'm not sure about making boxes for mods.

This thought makes these calcifications of the 125 club or (126 CIB) Irrelevant ;) which it is the 126 in my opinion.. you cant have triple challenge in the list without the Atari soft Pac Man. :)

Why have a list then.. ;)

http://www.intellivisionrevolution.com/the-125-club

There is a difference between Triple Challenge and INTV Pac-Man, one is a compilation the other is a re-issue (with a minor rom variation). There are lots of re-issues (eg. Sears, Intellivision Productions). Had 'Go For the Gold' been released we would have two compilation cartridges but as it is there is only one. So it's 125 including compilation cartridges, 124 without.

Alot of the people here don't need lists, they know Intellivision, but some people don't know the Intellivision games. So lists are good and its better if they are correct.

• Like 1

And don't forget the CBS versions of Coleco's games! A whole rat's nest of box and manual variations, with a couple ROM variants tossed in just for fun. :P

lmao!!

Coleco CBS versions were released for a Geographical area and at the same time as the others, so more or less could be considered like the sears releases.. lol :P

125 as stated, probably over 20 years ago. No more, no less!!! Let that # rest in peace for the original releases. :thumbsup:

I love the responses above.2000 and beyond Homebrew and rom releases,cart only or however you see it from that year on personal opinion.....I love my collection, collect and complete as you see fit. Have fun!!! :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Can you explain what a Brazilian Bootleg is? Also, there are many unopened boxes FS on eBay from Brazil. Any relation?

Can you explain what a Brazilian Bootleg is? Also, there are many unopened boxes FS on eBay from Brazil. Any relation?

He's probably referring to the Shock Vision bootlegs. They are easy to identify [didn't come in boxes], and they are collectable. See this link for more information.

http://www.intellivisionworld.com/english/News/2006_11.asp

You might see other games marked Digiplay, I dont think any of those were bootlegs.

Edited by mr_me

Ahhh, my eyes!

In addition to Pac-man, what kind of organization are you employing with your ECS and Parker Bros games? It's all madness in there!

yup it hurts the eyes seeing an intv pacman release counted for a atarisoft release doesn't it.. :P lol

It may be madness to some, but sanity for others...