IGNORED

Soulbuster's Non-Variant List of Homebrew Games Released

Many of the games in this list aren't homebrews. Some are unreleased games from Mattel, Activision, INTV. Others are hacks/mods of Mattel games.

And others had a very limited amount produced (30 copies or so ) That they are hard to come by for anyone other then ones in the circle of such a release at the time of release.

;)

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”

All of these are Post 2000 releases. We have Ports of Classics, Original Games, Wide Release Games, Limitied Release Games, Added Feature Games, Updated ROM games, but all of these are post year 2000 after the death throws of the Intellivision console and "Official" Mattel, Intellivision Inc and INTV Inc developent stopped for the console.

I call them homebrews, for me that is good enough. I also call them Post 2000 releases. We could call them Posthumous Releases. :-)

Without my personal frustration over a cart only release totaling 30 units, I would have never released a game. Now I have several more in the works. So good even came out of that. :-)

Call them what you will. I like having the list even though I disagree with a few of them.

• Like 5

I typically refer to anything after the initial 125 as a homebrew as well no matter where it comes from. The mystery of the unnamed and unlisted 68th game on a list of 67 still daunt's and confuses me. But sincerely, thanks for this list Soulbuster it does indeed help me quite a bit. I can't wait to get my grubby little mitts on the new releases that were introduced at PRGE. Getting my grubby little hands on a copy of BLIX is another story altogether. :-(

• Like 2

Ok, I'll substitute "homebrew" for "aftermarket releases" which should apply even to those who make new games of such high quality that they refuse to call it homebrews. Still that is 1/3 aftermarket releases.

So it doesn't matter to you, if a game is programmed by someone as a hobby in 2002 or by the largest toy company in the world in 1982.

I dont get bogged down with terminology myself. Homebrew is easier to say.

Homebrew is fine. The boxes/packaging are all homebrew and that is what you are buying when it comes to the unreleased games.

Well, if it was programmed in 1982 but never finished and released in any form, what is it? Not an original game as it never reached the market. Not a homebrew because it was developed professionally in the era when it was current. Not a vaporware since it actually exists. Not a rerelease because it was not released before. Possibly a bootleg but that has quite a negative sound to it, and assuming it is released 30+ years later with proper rights cleared it isn't really a bootleg neither. Aftermarket could be questioned too, if you insist on that it actually was developed during when there was a native market.

Whats funny here is , how people get so defensive and their backs up... For me homebrew -not homebrew what ever all good .. But when , how and who and how much change of those games are what they are.(That's what I think mr me is trying to say). Some were programed by Mattel back in the day, some are slight hacks , or mods, and some are all new .. You can call them what you want(Homebrews what ever) but you cant change what they really are...

The are what they are , there's no disputing it , no matter how people try to justify it....

All good

Question here is how do we join the more equal side of the INTV section... Inquiring minds want to know.

;P

I dont get bogged down with terminology myself. Homebrew is easier to say.

I agree,

but like this list of soulbusters and to not to mention the official 125 that is pinned (could be 124 or 126 depends who your asking -official Mattel executives, programmer's, Distributers and so on) difference of ideas is all good ... , its ok to have and its ok for someone like mr me to explain the difference of each... ;)

Cheers Brother

and really , why would you add and count a private release(and not even mention the name of the game)to a public displayed list of homebrews,

Its like , A few kid get the candy and after they eat the candy they show the rest in their class there sticky fingers and face... lol ohh to be a kid again...

Just look how Clownschool got confused with that list... no candy for you Clownschool ... just kidding

So it doesn't matter to you, if a game is programmed by someone as a hobby in 2002 or by the largest toy company in the world in 1982.

Homebrew is fine. The boxes/packaging are all homebrew and that is what you are buying when it comes to the unreleased games.

I've played some games from the largest toy company in the world that are far less in terms of graphics and playability than some that came from the "hobbists." Some of these hobbists are full time software programmers outside the hobby.

I will say, few post 2000 games might have been better off as a ROM or Cart only release.

So it doesn't matter to you, if a game is programmed by someone as a hobby in 2002 or by the largest toy company in the world in 1982. (...)

in same cases big companies back in the day weren't interested in making good games but only in selling. Ask those who were in the business at the time, if you like.

It actually does matter to me if a game is programmed with love as a hobby (Donkey Kong Arcade) or rushed to make money by a large company in 1982 (Coleco/CBS Donkey Kong)

Edited by intellivotion

I've played some games from the largest toy company in the world that are far less in terms of graphics and playability than some that came from the "hobbists." Some of these hobbists are full time software programmers outside the hobby.

I will say, few post 2000 games might have been better off as a ROM or Cart only release.

Yes, and you can say this because you know what's what.

in same cases big companies back in the day weren't interested in making good games but only in selling. Ask those who were in the business at the time, if you like.

It actually does matter to me if a game is programmed with love as a hobby (Donkey Kong Arcade) or rushed to make money by a large company in 1982 (Coleco/CBS Donkey Kong)

Exactly. That's why it's good for people to know which games were programmed for hobby and which were for profit like the "unreleased" games in this list. Edited by mr_me

Just a thought..

Don't you think that same could be said with some of the homebrews and farkles that were published and sold nowadays as well.. Where there money to be made , things like that are bound to happen.. Then and now , buy big companies or someone from their living room at home...

it is what it is.... then and now...

Cheers

Edited by m-crew

I must agree - but there's $$$ to be made and so the explotation of are community will continue.

Not to mention the complete collection syndrome of ours that helps feed such releases and farkles.

cheers

I must agree - but there's $$$ to be made and so the explotation of are community will continue.

Not to mention the complete collection syndrome of ours that helps feed such releases and farkles.

cheers

seriously, which Intellivision games do you think have been released to exploit the community and make money?

seriously, which Intellivision games do you think have been released to exploit the community and make money?

Well could you not have asked BBWW the same question about which he though were better off as a Rom or just a Cart Release.

I really don't think it would be right to single any game or farkle out and it could still only be an opinion of mine.

But it is happening. Seriously do you think it's not happening at all?

Cheers

Well could you not have asked BBWW the same question about which he though were better off as a Rom or just a Cart Release.

I really don't think it would be right to single any game or farkle out and it could still only be an opinion of mine.

But it is happening. Seriously do you think it's not happening at all?

Cheers

I think nobody's making money with video games sold in 200-250 copies worldwide after expenses. That's why I do what I can to support all the homebrewers.

But yes, it's true, there have been some overpriced releases, still I don't think that "making money" was the reason of those prices. Probably "covering expenses previously made for other releases" is closer to truth, but it's not up to me to say this

I think nobody's making money with video games sold in 200-250 copies worldwide after expenses. That's why I do what I can to support all the homebrewers.

But yes, it's true, there have been some overpriced releases, still I don't think that "making money" was the reason of those prices. Probably "covering expenses previously made for other releases" is closer to truth, but it's not up to me to say this

To Each Their Own,

Believe what you want to believe ,

If no money was being made do you really think we would of had a such a resurgence in games and farkles being produced and made now.

Ponder that for a moment.

Maybe not a huge amount but some $$$ is being made. But some nevertheless.

I think we could go on with this discussion back and a forth.

So Let's agree not to agree.

Cheers Brother