IGNORED

Soulbuster's Non-Variant List of Homebrew Games Released

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So based on recent eBay auctions I am assuming that Deadly Dogs is the unable to list 69th game.

Nope it's not counted as it's just a box variant.

I do not believe it was released as a cart and therefore not a homebrew. Just like Wing War.

Should a cart be released, there would be 70, still leaving one unable to list.

Can someone tell me the reason that something cannot be listed? I get it if it is just a temporary secret. Is that it? If so, where can I be pointed to acquire this mysterious secret item, or, realize that I already have it?

• Like 2

Secret due to copyright issues.

Really ????? ;)

Can someone tell me the reason that something cannot be listed? I get it if it is just a temporary secret. Is that it? If so, where can I be pointed to acquire this mysterious secret item, or, realize that I already have it?

Maybe the intellnati can lead you the way... lol ah the fun and games we have here.. :)

Edited by m-crew

• 4 weeks later...

So based on recent eBay auctions I am assuming that Deadly Dogs is the unable to list 69th game.

Deadly Dogs! is not a homebrew. It is a hidden game on the original Dig Dug carts. I just created a box for it as if it may have appeared if it were a separate release. It is a combination of the Burgertime and Tron Deadly Discs boxes.

So this was a box for a game that already existed.

• Like 1

Deadly Dogs! is not a homebrew. It is a hidden game on the original Dig Dug carts. I just created a box for it as if it may have appeared if it were a separate release. It is a combination of the Burgertime and Tron Deadly Discs boxes.

So this was a box for a game that already existed.

Quite right and why it is not included, no cart was issued.

Keep in mind that this is not an official community list. The community could not come to an agreement on the final list, so I made this my personal view on homebrews and Post 125.

However, It is a good guide for those just starting to collect post 125 releases.

• Like 2

Nothing says super secret pretentious club more than I know something you dont know...

Secret due to copyright issues. Very small amount made, no longer available...for quite awhile.

A hint is it was planned for a regular release originally.

• Like 1

Nothing says super secret pretentious club more than I know something you dont know...

Don't over think it, it was merely to avoid not being able to release it at all. Pretty much anybody who had been actively buying homebrews for a while knew about it. Same thing has happened for colecovision.

Hmmmm....well you did have to know the secret handshake though....and the secret gestures........and I had to drive a miniature car in the 4th of July parade..........and I had to commit my soul to the dark lord.........But other than that it was a just regular release.

• Like 1

Pretty much anybody who had been actively buying homebrews for a while knew about it.

Are you assuming that? If it was offered in private( pm s)to only certain people it makes it a private release no matter what the reason were and are.

It is what it is,

All good though.

My understanding is it was offered by email to prior customers. Can't say I know exact details other than that.

So yes it was a private release to existing customers.

Can't say I am a fan of people doing private releases but like you said it is what it is.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...