IGNORED

Soulbuster's Non-Variant List of Homebrew Games Released

I am ok with either decision with Same Game & Robotrons. WC Fields Baseball added significant enhancements to NHL Baseball and should be called out as a separate game. However, I am on the fence as to whether adding Intellivoice support counts as a significant enhancement or knot. The enhancement didn't alter the game play, but it likely added quite a chunk of new ROM.

box1.jpg

2004 release Michael Hayes programmed SameGame as a standalone game in 2001. By early 2004, Robots was added to give the game value. Intelligentvision was looking for homebrew games to produce and SameGame & Robots was scheduled as the 4th release. David did not believe the game was finished and began "enhancing" it. The following 6 months was a tumultuous period for Intelligentvision. David continued providing updated versions of the game but by the end of August, decided to quit from Intelligentvision. He continued coding the game though. By the end of September, Chris and Roger released the game unbeknown to David. The current version of the game, provided to Chris and Roger, made it to production of carts numbered after 100. David never felt that the game was really finished but stopped coding since the game went to production.

Fast forwarding to 2011, David was asked by Darren, a collector and gamer, to fix/finish FUBAR which is another game by Michael Hayes. Once deep into programming, he only saw fit to revisit SameGame & Robots and to really finish it. Being a big fan of the Intellivoice module, it was only fitting to add human voices to the game. With the 2004 version seeing a very limited release, the updates made to the game, and higher quality production, a 2012 release was believed to be warranted.

Weighing in :)

*SameGame 2012 - Intellivoice enhancements to ROM - It counts.

*4-Tris variants - unless the ROM changed gameplay, it counts as 1 game (the rest are variants)

*Minehunter (Elektronite version) - unless the ROM gameplay changed, only a packaging variant/reissue. 1 game.

*Mouse Trap reissue - packaging variant only; doesn't count as a homebrew (sorry, Rev. To me, this is similar to the Pac-Mans).

*World Championship Baseball - This counts. The ROM was updated, similar to Mountain Madness Skiing vs Mattel Skiing.

*Blix - totally counts as an official homebrew. It was limited, but was physically available for sale and it's totally playable.

*DOTC Demo and Hover Bover half cut - NOT homebrews! They are collectible demos. To count, they must be released as playable games.

Just my $0.02. Carry on.

Actually, anyone want to talk about the Sears games or Intellivision Inc sets? ;-) Those are totally standalone collector sets (but not unique games).

Edited by JasonlikesINTV

If anyone has an original Mine hunter or Same Game and Robots for sale, please let me know. I have stashed cash to get these two.

Thanks, wolfy ;-)

Those were two of the more difficult recent homebrews I knocked off my list. I paid decently for each, but they were a little below going rate at the time. Definitely below going rate now. Two Minehunters recently sold. A 2004 SameGame (#26) should soon follow.

I am ok with either decision with Same Game & Robotrons. WC Fields Baseball added significant enhancements to NHL Baseball and should be called out as a separate game. However, I am on the fence as to whether adding Intellivoice support counts as a significant enhancement or knot. The enhancement didn't alter the game play, but it likely added quite a chunk of new ROM.

Dude, whatever you were smoking when you posted this, count me in next time.

• Like 5

If Baseball and World Championship Baseball get to stay on the 125 list.

Then.....

Same Game & Robots 2005 and Same Game & Robots 2012 get to stay on Soulbusters list since they have quite a few differences. Sg&R 2012 is not just a reissue.

You guys can't have it both ways.

How do I 'like' my own post?

• Like 1

I love you guys!!!

Keep the funny posts coming, as I have a family and a job with not so much laughter there. Thank you all. :)

I have both of those things too.....plenty of laughter here. (mostly in the bedroom)

Time for you to get new job and family!

Edited by revolutionika

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

until today I thought the differences were only the shell (Mattel shell on 2008, LTO shell on 2012) and label (strip on 2008, large label on 2012).

I knew that 2 different processes of overlays have been made, both with the same artwork:

post-41160-0-95923300-1447266916_thumb.png

You find a "making of" the first release here

But today I've seen this auction in which the game has the psycho_stormtrooper Orphan Overlays (Series 3) :? H-E-L-P !

Edited by intellivotion

NOOOO!!!!!! NOT ANOTHER VARIANT!!!!!! HELP!!!! My wife hates me!

Pics of the second release are here (thanks, Rev!) but only the box (which is identical, I guess and hope) and the new cart (LTO shell and large label) are visible

btw, yes, another variant, and also expansive...

Edited by intellivotion

PIGGY BANK is a "tweeter".

After some discussion on this thread, and further discussion here it has been generally agreed that the list below represents the Homebrew/Post 125 game releases. This list only includes games that were released and does not include all variations of those releases.

1 4-Tris [Original, Philly Classic, LTO, Intelligentvision]

2 Adventures of Tron

3 Blix

4 Boulder Dash

5 Brickout

6 Choplifter

7 Christmas Carol

8 Copter Command

9 D2K Arcade

10 Donkey Kong Arcade [Elektronite DK Arcade, Intelligentvision]

11 Deep Pockets

12 Flappy Bird