IGNORED

Atari 2600 Original Red Sea Crossing for sale

Atari4You

Can you provide pictures, video, etc if this cartridge to prove this sale is legit? Be upfront and forthcoming and this will be one if the rare five figure game sales.

This is the real deal, trust me. I can't play ball in this one, but it is 100% legit.

Weird, so how does this relate to the Rare Earth Video Games post? Is it a second original cartridge or is that one a copy made by CPUWIZ?

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/241496-authentic-red-sea-crossing-available/?do=findComment&comment=3296846

Our cartridge is authentic. We have been in private negotiations regarding the sale of the item and were informed that individuals on Atariage may not be aware that ours was for sale. There are two known authentic cartridges. Ours was found at Medium Bob's Curiosity shop in PA. It sold on eBay in 2012.

Here it the related Atariage discussion:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/202506-medium-bobs-red-sea-crossing-auction-on-ebay/

Edited by REVG

Weird, so how does this relate to the Rare Earth Video Games post? Is it a second original cartridge or is that one a copy made by CPUWIZ?

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/241496-authentic-red-sea-crossing-available/?do=findComment&comment=3296846

No relation, dunno the other person, cart looks too clean to me. I thought I knew the other person who has the second copy, apparently not or that one is fake. Either way, pretty dense timing.

No relation, dunno the other person, cart looks too clean to me. I thought I knew the other person who has the second copy, apparently not or that one is fake. Either way, pretty dense timing.

Ours is authentic and has appropriate documentation that supports the transfer of ownership. The timing is quite simple. An Atariage member was informed that the item was available. The atariage member made an inquiry to the other seller and then the other seller listed his here. We don't want to hijack this thread. We will be happy to answer questions on our thread or privately.

Thanks!

Edited by REVG

i got mine from the person who originally found the game. besides, I am close to selling this, i think i will wrap this up very very soon. . i know i won't get what i paid for it since i released it and lowered the value of the game, oh well. i think mine is cool because it was the first copy found in the wild. by the way.thanks to all who have put in a bid.

• Like 1

I would before #3 pops up :)

true. I was contacted by another individual (not the revg people) who has one too. he was discouraged to sell it because of the repros I made. he heard about the cart when all of the hoopla was going on the two sales a few years ago and realized that he had one too. .

Hello everybody. I m the one that sold the Red Sea repro games a few years ago. some people have inquired about my original one and I would like to see what I can get for it. it is the one found in the following link:

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-red-sea-crossing_20276.html

please send me your offers via pm. thanks.

If I haven't thanked you before, I'll thank you now for making this game available for reproduction!

Both cartridge images are on the atarimania link you posted. The last picture is the 2nd cartridge that appeared when both of these were selling.

The last picture matches exactly the other seller's picture.

I guess it takes something like this to show that there may be a 3rd original version out there.

Congratulations on your sale!

i am about to wrap up this sale....thanks to everybody who contacted me on the game. i thought i would get more for this game but thanks to the likes of REVG, i lost value on my cart ....oh well.....i made up some of the loss on the repro sales and the community was able to get a copy of the game.....no regrets there. the person buying this is getting a great deal. good bye for now.

• Like 1

i am about to wrap up this sale....thanks to everybody who contacted me on the game. i thought i would get more for this game but thanks to the likes of REVG, i lost value on my cart ....oh well.....i made up some of the loss on the repro sales and the community was able to get a copy of the game.....no regrets there. the person buying this is getting a great deal. good bye for now.

My congratulations on the sale, and personal thanks for helping preserve this for history :)

If you wouldn't mind, what is the final sale price for your copy? Just for informational purposes.