IGNORED

ST/TT/Falcon Keyboard Language Variants

I recently picked up a 1040STF with German keyboard and OS, and that got me thinking: What other keyboard language versions/variants did Atari have for the ST/TT/Falcon range of computers?

Also, I assume that any difference in keyboard variation will also come with a different, matching OS?

I appreciate any information or thoughts on this.

Thanks in advance :)

Keyboard variation is variation of printings on caps, and nothing more. In TOS, it are keyboard tables for diverse languages. That assures input. Independent from that is TOS language (text on screen) - what would be output.

In case of Falcon all languages are in same TOS version, and user sets actual lang. in NVRAM.

I'm not sure how some possible exotic characters are solved - likely they replaced some other, less used ones. In any case, there is space - I managed to add kyril characters while keeping all Western latin ones.

Official, so done by Atari languages are: English US and UK, German, French, Spanish, Swedish, Italian, Dutch.

Unofficial translation are based mostly on German, with good reason.

Of course, you can set it only by using dedicated SW.