IGNORED

High Score Competition (March: The Mine)

arcadeshopper

50MHz actually increases the pace of the game dramatically, about 15 times normal speed. My guess is he is using one of those new fangled VR interfaces he must have received for Christmas, something which puts the game right in his head. They are not quite perfect, yet, as you can tell from the low score, but reaction time is greatly improved over standard visual-to-manual dexterity interaction.

thats IT. i'm going to jack myself into the matrix and finally WIN one of these!

Sorry it should be 50Hz (guess I worked too long in Wi-Fi teaching about bandwidths like 20,40,80 MHz...)

Yah-huh. We know you work on some top-secret government brain project using old tried-and-true technology like NASA. Hey, can I get read-in so we can talk shop? I have some excellent ideas that do not involved aluminum foil hats (stupid, really, because all they do is concentrate the signals.)

• Like 1

January 2018 - Bigfoot

It has Speech Synthesizer support

and MBX (but I do not have this system and reading the manual I cannot figure out what the benefit is over a joystick)

The only advantage the MBX has with this cart is the speech is much better/clearer than the TI Speech Synthesizer and, as you mentioned, the joystick. This was one of my favorite games (Although I also liked the Metor Belt and Championship Baseball MBX games).

I may have been playing too much...

I just looked at one of my pictures above, and experienced it like it was a photograph, and I was there... on the rock face... hanging on that rope, wearing a bulking/blocky black SWAT outfit with body armor, but with no emblems...

I had to stop and think, 'wait, that picture isn't that high-res...' and then it was a TI screen shot again...

-M@

• Like 3

Here's some interesting thing for Bigfoot fans, or speech fans, or both.

I dumped the ROMs, put a log line into MAME to find out the bytes that are sent to the speech synthesizer, then looked for the location in the ROM and found six speech strings. Clipped them out of the dump on the Linux command line using dd, saved back to disk and then I used Speecoder to decode them.

All are here on the image as binaries, as MERGE files, and as D/V80 source code, and you can test them with the SPEAK program in Extended Basic.

Have fun! Or as Bigfoot says: Uuuaaaaaargggh!

[Edit: If you intend to run Speecoder, remember to hold the space bar during loading, or you will be nagged with a splash screen.]

bigfoot.dsk

Edited by mizapf
  • Like 5