IGNORED

High Score Competition (March: The Mine)

arcadeshopper

Interestingly, it's a bit like bicycle riding. Honestly, I did not practise - these are some 30-year-old skills, only played once or twice a year recently.

Well, I'm from the first generation who wasted their afternoons in front of the computer console. :)

Hmm... It is on Classic99's dropdown games menu and I have a few in cart format...

Perhaps it would be good to post an EA5 version for those wishing to transfer and game on real gear.

I do not have one handy, but multiple DBs have it.... Or I'm sure someone will be along shortly to post one. :)

Attached is a zip file with the the EA5 files for MunchMan in TI files format.

MUNCHMAN.zip

• Like 1

Catching up! Starting to notice a couple of irritating quirks about this game. Besides the pause when the monsters are released, there seems to be a very slight hiccup after they change back from being scared and when you're near a wall or at a corner, can really screw you up! Munch Man seems to get "stuck" momentarily. (real hardware remember) and getting really pissed off at the jerkiness of the enemies. Jerkin' back and forth really quick like, causing excessive wear and tear on your joystick. :mad: :lol:

post-13896-0-20267400-1439414183_thumb.jpg

post-13896-0-62699900-1439415827_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I need to get a desk and set up my physical system... Arrow keys in emulation suuuuucks for gaming. :)

@schmitzi, Pinned would be cool. I would gladly maintain a high score database on this thread with winners of each month's challenge. If others approve, I'll ask Al to hook it up.

• Like 1

Okay, I've learned one thing.... I COMPLETELY SUCK AT THIS GAME!

I have to hang my head in shame...

I also wish the HDX utility had a toggle option to strip away the TIFILES header 'on the fly' for all files and turn them into V9T9 format.

The extra step of having to convert them manually all the time gets to be a drag...

Munchman is noticably different to Pacman. It a bit like a racing game and a reaction test, and, of course, some Pacman. It is essential that you figure out good paths in the maze, and that you get some practise with the Joystick, particularly to pull the lever in time to get around the corners.

If you watch the movie clip that I posted you can see that there are lots of recurring patterns for moves.

I also wish the HDX utility had a toggle option to strip away the TIFILES header 'on the fly' for all files and turn them into V9T9 format.

The extra step of having to convert them manually all the time gets to be a drag...

The TIFILES header indicates a single file, while the "v9t9" format is a sector dump disk image, or are we talking about different things? So how could a file be turned into a complete disk? Or do you want a disk image with a single file on it?

Talking about drags, you could use TIImageTool and drag all TIFILES files into a fresh disk image.

In MESSAGE # 29 Chris posted the MUNCHMAN .ZIP file that contained the two E/A 5 program files in (TIFILES format).

On my PC I have a shortcut on my DESKTOP that links directly to a FIAD transfer directory for the HDX.

gallery_35324_1027_7342.jpg

I just open the ZIP file and "DRAG & DROP" the files into this directory. The problem is, if a program has a TIFILES header, it's not recognized by the TI over the HDX, so I have to open up Ti99Dir, convert the files to V9T9 format, and then load and run the file(s). It's an added step that I'd love to to eliminate.

In MESSAGE # 29 Chris posted the MUNCHMAN .ZIP file that contained the two E/A 5 program files in (TIFILES format).

On my PC I have a shortcut on my DESKTOP that links directly to a FIAD transfer directory for the HDX.

gallery_35324_1027_7342.jpg

I just open the ZIP file and "DRAG & DROP" the files into this directory. The problem is, if a program has a TIFILES header, it's not recognized by the TI over the HDX, so I have to open up Ti99Dir, convert the files to V9T9 format, and then load and run the file(s). It's an added step that I'd love to to eliminate.

I beleive this is because HDX reads and saves in v9t9 format and that's required.

Here is one that you can save for use with HDX (it's already in v9t9 format).

MMANV9T9.zip

Edited by Cschneider

LOL!!! This is the best I can do tonight... I am not accustomed to playing arcade-style games using the directional keys on a computer.

hiscore2_zpsyfqupuwl.png

I'll give it one more go, then I'm off to bed... might have to pony up the WalMart dough for a quick-fix USB joystick, as none of the local game shops have one, nor do they have any wired XBox360 controllers.

Seems like USB joys and Atari-stick USB adapters would be beneficial to have in inventory at a retro gaming shop in the 21st century....

Score: 100300 and 4x painful fingers (thumb is numb)

post-39490-0-27849800-1439483838_thumb.jpg

To get as many points try to catch as many Hoonos as possible each time you eat

the Texas shaped energizer (and wait until the Hoono is nearby).

Every 10.000 you get an extra Munch-Man.

Configuration

* Classic 99 QI382

* (Joystick tick still enabled), but only used the keyboard.

* Samsung S9 NP9003XA (8 Gb RAM, with SSD 128 HD)

* connected USB keyboard (Atake AKB-5801) to USB 3 port to play the game

(in reality thus 2x keyboards are connected, because of the laptop keyboard)

* used E,S,D,X to play

• Like 1