IGNORED

High Score Competition (March: The Mine)

arcadeshopper

Well, come along boys and listen to my tale

I'll tell you all my troubles on the ol' Chisholm Trail
Come a-ti yi youpy, youpy yea, youpy yea
Come a-ti yi youpy, youpy yea.

I started up the trail October twenty-third
Started up the trail with the U-2 herd

On a ten dollar horse and a forty dollar saddle
Started out punchin' them long horn cattle

With my seat in the saddle and my hand on the horn
I'm the best dang cowboy that was ever born

It's cloudy in the west and lookin' like rain
And my danged old slicker's in the wagon again

The wind began to blow and the rain began to fall
And it looked like we were gonna lose 'em all

No chaps, no slickers and it's pouring rain
I swear I'll never night herd again

I cripple on my horse and I don't know how
Roping these long horn U-2 cows

Well, I went to the boss to draw my roll
And the boss had me fugured nine dollars in the hole

Well, me and the boss we had a little spat
So I hit him in the face with my ten gallon hat

The boss said to me, ''Well, I'll fire you
Not only you but the whole darn crew.''

I'll sell my horse, I'll sell my saddle
And you can drive all your long horn cattle

Come a-ti yi youpy, youpy yea

• Like 2

I think Chisholm Trail deserves a special prize as the game with the highest degree of abstraction from its title and background story.

I was thinking to myself that it had absolutely nothing to do with Texas and/or the Chisholm Trail, or cattle, or rustling, or anything at all in the published storyline.

One can just imagine some Texas Tech (or A&M) grad Program Manager directing his programmers to “make that space game more Texas friendly and we’ll publish it. Good God we’re Texans after all! Our trail is way better than that Oregon Trail.”

Edited by Airshack
  • Like 2

*********************************************************************************

*********************************************************************************

TI-99/4A High Score Challenge

Month: March, 2019

AND NOW FORM SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!

Game: Adventure - Pirate Adventure

300px-1982_adventure_manual_cover.jpg

texas-instruments-ti-99-4a-scott_360_80b

Scoring: Find treasures in the game. Type "score" in the game and your score will display. I believe the maximum score is 100 for finding all of the treasures. If multiple people have scored 100 points by March 25, I will come up with a tiebreaker. It will likely be another adventure challenge and/or I'll pick the best picture of your notes, map, etc.

Prize: A Navarone cartridge selector switch

Shipping: I will pay shipping, international shipping included

******************************************************************************************************
******************************************************************************************************

• Like 2

Anyone have a guide on playing this in emulation?

Like on real iron, I'd say. You need the Pirate's Adventure cassette or disk, say "CS1" or "DSKx.xxxxx" when asked where the data base is, and use SAVE GAME to save your current state.

Like on real iron, I'd say. You need the Pirate's Adventure cassette or disk, say "CS1" or "DSKx.xxxxx" when asked where the data base is, and use SAVE GAME to save your current state.

The attached disk has all 12 adventures on it. I launch this from mame: mame64 ti99_4a advent -ioport peb -ioport:peb:slot8 hfdc -flop1 c:\disks\ALL-ADVENTURE.DSK

I use the Software Lists in MAME so it knows where to find the advent cart. The Pirate adventure is on the disk as DSK1.PIRATE

ALL-ADVENTURE.DSK

• Like 1

Easy way- In Gamebase type in "pirat"... To get the other games up... click "Text only" in Game Genre. Double click the entry to start the game...

Games start automatically... So wait... Sometimes the timing is off during the first launch attempt(while wini learns to cache)... exit by pressing... SCROLL LOCK... then ESC. ... and do over.

Edited by HOME AUTOMATION

I'm going to skip that one, since I've started to play through all SA adventures some months ago, and I remember quite well the way to get to the "yellow screen" for the last 7 games. Just working on #8: Pyramid of Doom.

I have always gotten stuck on that one. Let us know how you fare!

I played and completed Pirate Adventure back in 1982 if memory serves me right. I would have preferred to try something new. How about allowing us to pick whichever adventure we want among the original Scott Adams ones?

That sounds great. I will select the winner based on points scored across the various Scott Adams adventures during the month of March. So play whatever of these adventures you like.

It is really cold and snowy here in Colorado today. Perfect day for adventuring.

I'm going to skip that one, since I've started to play through all SA adventures some months ago, and I remember quite well the way to get to the "yellow screen" for the last 7 games. Just working on #8: Pyramid of Doom.

Hi mizapf, I think with your dedication to playing all of these adventures, you surely should participate. I think if you repeat your adventuring during the month of March, it should count towards this contest.

That sounds great. I will select the winner based on points scored across the various Scott Adams adventures during the month of March. So play whatever of these adventures you like.

It is really cold and snowy here in Colorado today. Perfect day for adventuring.

Excellent! I'm going to go for Pyramid of Doom and see if I can complete it this time around. :)