IGNORED

High Score Competition (March: The Mine)

arcadeshopper

16 hours ago, globeron said:

How many minutes, hours, days you were playing ?

I am guessing just under 2 hours.   From the third inning of the Rockies - Giants game until about 10:10pm.

i had to try to take pictures during the game because I was afraid of what would happen when I hit level 100.  

What’s crazy is is that I’m still not sick of this game.

I had to give it one more go.   

Score: 1006960

Level: Unknown - went from A-Y (with J,K,Q and Z and maybe other letters missing) and then into graphics characters.

Lives Remaining: 108

I had to see what happens after going through all the letters on level.   Then i had to go to see what happens when you go over 100 lives.    Then i had to go over 1E6 points.   The game never crashed.   

Needless to say, I reached the “tipping point” where I had every level figured out.   As i repeated them, i refined it even more.   I know PixelPendant is very near the tipping point.  I bet if he played 1-2 more times he could go as long as he wanted to.

I’m not sure if I will play any more this month.   Thanks again to Rasmus for the awesome game.   

4E1B26CC-8E7F-4B3A-94DE-2D0804D47E1B.jpeg

Edited by jwild
Fix spelling of “to” (was “too”)

3 hours ago, Asmusr said:

Whoa that's insane! My personal best is like level 8 ?. I could have made levels 20-29 more difficult than 10-19 by adding more enemy balls, but I had no idea anyone would get that far.

I noticed that on levels 10-19 there were balls on the vertical scrolling levels.    Those went away on levels 20+.

it took a while to sink in, but I discovered that you could “pause” the game by stopping just before clearing X6 or X9 vertical scrolling levels.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

*********************************************************************************

*********************************************************************************

TI-99/4A High Score Challenge

Month: July, 2019

Game:Tutankham

image.png.377a7a14577deb021b6b4a8fa3d6ca10.png

image.thumb.png.b0aee38e9ac17906325b79efca96fa18.png

Tutank.zip

Prize: A Tutankam prototype module as seen below:

image.thumb.png.79999c5abdcf66e337fbcf664b17794a.png

(just kidding)

Good luck everyone!

******************************************************************************************************

******************************************************************************************************

• Like 4

31040 Stage 3.  

It it appears I have a console with a problem with the joystick port.   I can’t shoot to the left with the joystick.   I’m able to move left though.   I’ve swapped joysticks and swapped joystick port adaptors.   I’m using a backup console with no F18a now.   

Any ideas?   It might be time for me to learn about the joystick port.

478949FB-3D9D-416E-83F8-C91BF44D1EE4.jpeg

2 hours ago, pixelpedant said:

Hmm.  Haven't had any success getting this game to run on my system (F18A+NanoPEB+FinalGROM).  Just outputs garbage character patterns to a blue screen for three or four seconds, then freezes. 

Works on my system without an F18A.  I do have the NanoPEB + FinalGROM.

On 6/27/2019 at 1:42 AM, jwild said:

I noticed that on levels 10-19 there were balls on the vertical scrolling levels.    Those went away on levels 20+.

It's strange because the balls were supposed to keep appearing on any levels starting with 10, and my tests show they do appear after level 20. I cannot play to level 20 myself, however. 

If there is an issue I'm thinking of releasing a new version, and perhaps to add even more balls after level 20.

• Like 2

It's strange because the balls were supposed to keep appearing on any levels starting with 10, and my tests show they do appear after level 20. I cannot play to level 20 myself, however. 

If there is an issue I'm thinking of releasing a new version, and perhaps to add even more balls after level 20.

If you would like a tester, I’d be happy to try it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm.  Haven't had any success getting this game to run on my system (F18A+NanoPEB+FinalGROM).  Just outputs garbage character patterns to a blue screen for three or four seconds, then freezes. 
If I have the 32k+TIPI plugged in I also get garbage on the screen. It works without my 32k, thus only Finalgrom and a Speech Synth. plugged in.

But I can only shoot left and right, but not up and down (not sure if I have an earlier version, but will try the .zip file here)
  • Like 2

In Classic99 I can load the files (and also see that I cannot shoot when moving up and down and only can shoot left to right)

but I see a difference, the file on my FinalGrom has option 2 "Tutankham" but the .zip file has in the main titlescreen option 2  

image.thumb.png.f2cc42e09e789408ff8ba8e82e8b0ea8.png

Edited by globeron

3 hours ago, globeron said:

If I have the 32k+TIPI plugged in I also get garbage on the screen. It works without my 32k, thus only Finalgrom and a Speech Synth. plugged in.

But I can only shoot left and right, but not up and down (not sure if I have an earlier version, but will try the .zip file here)

Thanks for the tip.  Will try without NanoPEB (and hence 32K). 

I also have to disconnect my PEB for reliable play. Sometimes i can play the first level with the PEB connected, but usually not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk