IGNORED

High Score Competition (March: The Mine)

arcadeshopper

This is a little "housekeeping" post.

Just wanted to make it easy for Opry99er to update the high scores on page 1.    Here are the high scores for the last few months:

February 2019: jwild (Chisholm Trail—65650)

March 2019: jwild (Adventure—300)

April 2019: chue (Blasto—44840)

May 2019: jwild (Borzork—11600)

June 2019: jwild (Bouncy’s Obstacle Course-- :E83374)

July 2019: jwild (Tutankam—140860)

I'm working on picking a game now for August...stay tuned.

• Like 2

*********************************************************************************

*********************************************************************************

TI-99/4A High Score Challenge

Month: August, 2019

Game: Sabre Wulf

image.png.3d7afa0111d58d956d775e4d4f5ddc56.png

Please see this thread for more game information: 

I never experienced this game growing up.  It sounds like it was very popular for the ZX Spectrum and released by the company that later became Rare.   I'm looking forward to trying it out this month.

******************************************************************************************************

******************************************************************************************************

• 4 weeks later...

TI-99/4A High Score Challenge

Month: September, 2019

Game: Moon Patrol

image.thumb.png.2623d38ef70825dd9002093c2d6f173c.png

I don't think this one has been a part of this challenge, although I did find another thread for a "man-enough" competition in 2014:

Interesting history here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_Patrol

ROM files are here: (unexpanded system)

moonpatC.BIN

moonpatD.BIN

Prize: a Moon Patrol buggy to display your game playing prowess.   Remind your friends (or grandchildren) who the real video-gaming master in the family is!

image.thumb.png.f043d4ff41f9a9f5e5e3da937ef2dd1e.png

• Like 5

Well, first time in several years...

I hated that minefield as a kid, and I hate it as an adult too. Maybe at some point in the next week I'll memorize the moves to get through it. Or at least remember the moves to get through the first leg, since I'm sure my younger self NEVER cleared the entire minefield before growing angry at what I recognized even then as blatantly unfair game design.

An early example of my love/hate relationship with irem.

moonpatr.png

• Like 2