IGNORED

High Score Competition (April: Starfort)

arcadeshopper

So all my ti stuff is still in storage due to a year of renovations on my house . . . they are finally done, so hopefully I can get my machine set back up before the end of the month. However, thanks to this and all the other fantastic games Rasmus has ported from the ZX Spectrum, I recently picked up a ZX Spectrum +2. Ive been having a lot of fun playing around with it . . . what a shame it never really made it over to North America. Here is my high score so far on that machine!

post-41367-0-79960700-1536192170_thumb.jpeg

• Like 2

I just assumed the video might be interesting. I assume scores must be achieved during the actual competition.

-M@

Thanks for posting those! Pete is almost back to the score I see! Now we need to aim at it. Yesterday played on the real TI but got a bit dizzy of the scrolling and I could not see the white bullits that good compared in Classic99, maybe the screen will check another one today

Sent from my VIE-L29 using Tapatalk

I also noticed when you leave level 1:

- when you have 3 bullets, then in level 2 it starts with 1 bullet to shoot

- also it seems the screen get adjusted or jumps or so to put the plane at the bottom of the screen to prepare for landing (will check this again).

- also when you get hit with three bullets it reduces to two bullets and to one. Might be okay.

I'm very please to see that you could get past level 2. And it even looks like real hardware.

Sent from my VIE-L29 using Tapatalk

post-43480-0-22559000-1536641974.jpg

53375 - Finally broke my Fest West 2018 high score! Playing on real hardware, FG99, and a genesis-style gamepad. Made it to level 3 again without losing a plane, but crashed a few times before getting to the twin white planes, allowing me to score some extra points.

Anothing thing - if you already have 3 bullets and get a powerup, you score 1000 points. Easier said than done.

• Like 7

In agreement with globeron I would like to donate a prize for the winner of this month's competition.

The prize is a choice between a Flying Shark cartridge or a Knight Lore cartridge. I made these carts specifically for this occasion using my own pcb.

post-35226-0-35565300-1537043055_thumb.jpg

As an extra bonus, if you reach level 4 and get the highest score, you win both cartridges.

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys. Yes, the game is challenging on two levels - staying focused to dodge bullets, and finger/thumb button endurance. I usually pause the game at the end of each level to give my thumbs a little rest.

I was hoping to have finished programming my Bounce'n'Pounce game ready for competing in October, but it's not quite done yet. If I can have a few more days I'll keep working on it, otherwise I'll pick an existing game.

• Like 1

My biggest issue was tiring fingers... Too much shooting going on with hardly a break...

Thanks guys. Yes, the game is challenging on two levels - staying focused to dodge bullets, and finger/thumb button endurance. I usually pause the game at the end of each level to give my thumbs a little rest.

This is my secret weapon. Other than switching left- or right-side fire buttons, none of the advanced features work with TI but it makes for a nice little arcade stick.

post-27864-0-08523700-1538420761_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I was hoping to have finished programming my Bounce'n'Pounce game ready for competing in October, but it's not quite done yet. If I can have a few more days I'll keep working on it, otherwise I'll pick an existing game.

Congratulations. If you PM me your address and choice of prize I will send it to you.

• Like 1

MUMMY_LATEST.zip

Thankyou ! I am most humbled. If you're gonna do my game though you may as well have the last revision, here. :)

(one or two bugs were identified and fixed in this one, Ciro you've already got this one ;)

Also to note; there's two difficulty settings, Standard and Mayhem, well Mayhem's only in there for a laugh and it IS a lot harder, you might all wanna go with Standard mode?

Edited by Retrospect
  • Like 3