IGNORED

High Score Competition (March: The Mine)

arcadeshopper

I did note that after a certain amount of play the console freezes to a black screen and I have to reset the system. Not sure if anyone else has experienced that...

I haven't seen that, but I haven't made it very far and also I'm playing on Classic99. We'll have to see if anyone else is having the same problem.

Yeah, I did not. End-of-the-month work to do last night and today. Some pretty bad-ass seemingly impossible scores put up on this game.

If it makes you feel better, I tried several more times and never got close to 40k again.

If it makes you feel better, I tried several more times and never got close to 40k again.

Those are the best kind of scores: only obtainable once in a while. It does add to the challenge and addictive quality. I will likely make another go at it sometime.

Borzork - 2,900

Hello...first time here...just wondering why you don't make this into a regular HSC so it's easier to find. I only stumbled on it by accident.

Happy little accident. Welcome aboard.

• Like 1

How was the speech LPC created? QboxPro? While the game itself is a really great port of Berzerk, the quality of the speech is a bit disappointing. I first thought that this could be some problem with the TMS5200 emulation in MAME, but it does not really sound much better on my real hardware. (I extracted the speech data, uploaded them to my real Geneve, and used my Speecoder).

Actually, it gets a bit better when I replace the TMS5200 with a TMS5220 in MAME.

• Like 2