IGNORED

High Score Competition (March: The Mine)

arcadeshopper

*********************************************************************************

*********************************************************************************

TI-99/4A High Score Challenge

Month: December, 2019

Game: Knight Lore, converted by @Asmusr

I have never played this game before.   It looks interesting.   The controls are going to take some getting used to.

Please see this thread for more info and files for playing:

Good luck everyone.

I do not recall if it is an official "rule," and I am not about to scour through 106 pages because lazy, but I recall part of the contest was to win a TI-related item put up by the previous month's winner.  Is that still a thing?  I have a few items I can toss in for fun, if needed.

Originally the intent was for the selector to put up a prize of some sort... didn't have to be anything crazy.  The winner of the month's challenge would get the prize from the previous selector, and then he would then select a game and offer a prize.

One of the original adopted customs was that the person putting up the prize couldn't win their own prize, and that their scores wouldn't be counted amongst the entrees.  This was never official, it was just what we did.  This kind of ensured that just one person wasn't winning month after month.  But as the participation slowed somewhat, it didn't make sense to adhere to any 'hard and fast' rules, as this isn't exactly the 2600 High Score of the month club.  Now those who participate are mostly just having fun competing, and there's definitely value in that.

I do have to admit though, there have been some AMAZING prizes offered up over the years, and I feel like that did increase involvement pretty substantially. :) 

• Like 1

On 12/2/2019 at 6:20 AM, jwild said:

TI-99/4A High Score Challenge

Month: December, 2019

Game: Knight Lore, converted by @Asmusr

I have never played this game before.   It looks interesting.   The controls are going to take some getting used to.

Please see this thread for more info and files for playing:

Good luck everyone.

Is there a trick to getting this game to work? I'm using the Classic99 emulator. I load the rom, get the TI994A screen that says press any key to begin, but all that comes up is PRESS 1 FOR TI BASIC.

Is there a trick to getting this game to work? I'm using the Classic99 emulator. I load the rom, get the TI994A screen that says press any key to begin, but all that comes up is PRESS 1 FOR TI BASIC.

works fine for me.. cart user select knightlore8.bin

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, arcadeshopper said:

works fine for me.. cart user select knightlore8.bin

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

That's the name of the rom I'm using. I go to CARTRIDGE > USER > OPEN and then select that rom, but as I said, all that comes up when it returns to the main screen is PRESS 1 FOR TI BASIC.  I had the same problem with Eric in Monsterland.  But I've played other games with no problem.

5 minutes ago, jblenkle said:

That's the name of the rom I'm using. I go to CARTRIDGE > USER > OPEN and then select that rom, but as I said, all that comes up when it returns to the main screen is PRESS 1 FOR TI BASIC.  I had the same problem with Eric in Monsterland.  But I've played other games with no problem.

are you running the latest version of classic99?