IGNORED

High Score Competition (March: The Mine)

arcadeshopper

Damn, shame I missed Moon Mine, I'm pretty good at that game. I don't have Superstorm but will keep an eye to see what next Months game is. I'm not that good at many but will be fun to have some scores to compete with again. We used to write down a high scores list for the games back in the day, now that's old school?

• Like 2

Well now I have finalgrom I should be able to take part in most of these? 

This particular one is a game I have never played or even seen before. I have absolutely no idea what the hell is going on. Looked on YouTube but couldn't find much on there. Anyone give me the lowdown?

Seems a bonkers game but hopefully a good one if I can make sense of it all.

Anyway here is my high score for now...

IMG-20210419-173349.jpg

• Like 1

Random research, @jwild. BITD, the references to the TI version also used both names at random (as if they hadn't decided on the final name yet, so one article used one and the next used the other). I remembered that, so I went a-hunting. . .and verified my suspicions during my search. BITD, a lot of folks thought the references were for two different games, LOLOL.

• Like 2

This game is interesting to me, as one of those games which has a "perfectionist" sort of challenge model, where your goal is getting a perfect or near-perfect setup as often as possible, and the dropoff in score and survivability resulting from non-optimal setups is huge.  That's not entirely good or entirely bad.  Just a bit uncommon.

• Like 1

Well even knowing what  trying to go this game seems brutal. My best attempt which annoyingly I lost two ships from the off to those meteorites that seem impossible to avoid.

Interesting game, but certainly a tough one.

IMG-20210430-210236.jpg

Fair play to jwild and pixelpendant, amazing scores!

Edited by Tetlee
  • Like 2

Maybe now I am starting to understand how to play this game. I think you cannot avoid fireballs... if they are fired against your ship.

But it's too late, here is my best score so far.

sc-3k-MAME-60hz.png.2691688217b99250586af5fe41e3455f.png

Congratulations to jwild and pixelpedant!

The game is tough, as Tetlee says, and also frustrating. Makes me desire to have the TI Invaders ship, to wipe out all the slime and those damn flying saucers ?

:-D

• Like 3