IGNORED

High Score Competition (March: The Mine)

arcadeshopper

4 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

All the explosions and transportations effects are off-set from the player ship and robots

No, it's not a bad "version" the whole game was "bad" lol

For the better experience, you'll need to download it's latest revision which I think is Robots of Death 3.  

It's different to this though but better in every way.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Retrospect said:

It's different to this though but better in every way.

6 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

Robots of Death 3 is a similar but different game.

Sorry, yeah, you said that already. Told you I was groggy. :)  ROD3 is definitely superior, though I like the bouncing smiley faces of the original.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ksarul said:

I have even made a few cartridges of the first two versions--I just need to extend the label to make a ROD3 version. . .and then maybe I should just make a cartridge with all three in it. We could call it the ROD experience, LOLOL

car-ramrod.gif

• Like 1

On 1/14/2022 at 4:14 AM, OLD CS1 said:

They start shooting so much you cannot move sometimes

This was an issue I realized during playing it shortly after I released this version, it has been fixed in ROD 3 , they will increase their fire rate but not to the point where you can't move without dying.  Also their movement doesn't impede your movement or the movement of the other enemies, which in the first version, ironically the one we're playing here for the high-scores, it did !!  And it was a regret.  

(uploaded the ROD original and the ROD3.zip file here in the thread)

Score:

770 - Classic99  with Joy2Key and a remote controller   (for the competition).       

and 7600 (ROD 3)  just trying it out, nice graphics!

What does  "Weird" Remote Controller mean,  or should it be  "Wired" ?     

image.thumb.png.a6cf175b99f80bcdcc6ff245d6e9c26e.png             image.thumb.png.80118cd204bfba6db36e82b1aa1cff25.png

ROD_3.zip RODEATH.bin

Edited by globeron
  • Like 1

ROD Original,  I was very close or over my high score? (with the green sattelites), but it QUIT / resetted to the TI Title screen?   

Anybody seen that before?

Update

Have been playing many rounds again and again it resetted to TItle screen somehow.  (score was around 200 this time / level2) 

Edited by globeron

On 1/21/2022 at 1:55 PM, globeron said:

What does  "Weird" Remote Controller mean,  or should it be  "Wired" ? 

It was always meant to be "weird" because I was being ironic with the TI joysticks and the way they always wrote wired remote controller. :)

Thanks for uploading & playing the latest revision it's nice to see it being played and good top score.  

• Like 2

On 1/17/2022 at 7:22 PM, Retrospect said:

This was an issue I realized during playing it shortly after I released this version, it has been fixed in ROD 3 , they will increase their fire rate but not to the point where you can't move without dying.  Also their movement doesn't impede your movement or the movement of the other enemies, which in the first version, ironically the one we're playing here for the high-scores, it did !!  And it was a regret.  

@Retrospect: I didn't understand that you consider the three R.O.D. has improved version of the game: if I did then I would have chosen R.O.D. 3. My belief was that R.O.D. 2 and 3 were sequels of the first game, so I liked the idea to play #2 and then #3, in the next months. 

Anyway: 750 points, level 9, MAME 60hz

sc-750-MAME-60hz.png

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Count9929A said:

@Retrospect: I didn't understand that you consider the three R.O.D. has improved version of the game: if I did then I would have chosen R.O.D. 3. My belief was that R.O.D. 2 and 3 were sequels of the first game, so I liked the idea to play #2 and then #3, in the next months. 

Anyway: 750 points, level 9, MAME 60hz

sc-750-MAME-60hz.png

I had not played Robots of Death v2 yet, it seems to be a different gameplay as well. 

All the R.O.D.    I must say are good games and addictive ones, because it keeps you getting back, it must be able to get a higher score

(but those XY lasers are the unexpected and the irritating ones!)

I feel that R.O.D.  is a combination of:   Borzork (because of the Robots),  Chisholm Trail (because of the XY lasers), 

Tombstone city + SuperFly (because of the way of shooting and being followed by the enemy and ROD2 Speech) 

and a little bit Shamus as well (for ROD 2, because of the new screens)

R.O.D v2  (FinalGrom, from the other ROD forum)      Score 1140

ROD512K.BIN

image.thumb.png.5f1860bad04cae7662302304d73bef20.png

Edited by globeron
  • Like 2

I can't believe I waited until this long in the month to try this game.   I'll post some scores tomorrow.

So far I have ROD v1 and v2 working in Classic 99.    The ROD3.bin that Globeron posted doesn't work on my Classic 99.   Working for anyone else?

Thanks

15 hours ago, jwild said:

I can't believe I waited until this long in the month to try this game.   I'll post some scores tomorrow.

So far I have ROD v1 and v2 working in Classic 99.    The ROD3.bin that Globeron posted doesn't work on my Classic 99.   Working for anyone else?

Thanks

Try renaming it to ROD3_8.bin

• Like 2

All three of these versions are quite different and very fun!    Dang it for waiting until the last day to try them.

I have plans tonight that include adult beverages, so i'm unsure if i can submit any more scores than these first trys:

R.O.D. 1 : 360

R.O.D. 2 : 360

R.O.D. 3: 13600

These are right up my alley and I'm sure I can do better.    Maybe since there are three versions we could extend this month.

in ROD2 you can rescue humans?    I must figure this out.   Thanks Retrospect for the insane games.   I love the sound and the chaos and the detailed postmortems.

Death by Stupidity

rod2-360.thumb.jpg.c35fb3f3fb72623aa0ba711f54370f27.jpgrod3-13600.thumb.jpg.0c505341a7bcf4ad42b1a430e34357e0.jpgrod1-360.thumb.jpg.20aed5dff6abeffcd2bc8c77ae38428b.jpg

• Like 1