IGNORED

High Score Competition (April: Starfort)

arcadeshopper

It allows you to wait for the enemies to line up appropriately before you start. It's more a throwback to the original XB code, where I didn't control the motion of the enemies, to ensure you didn't start right on top of one... but you can use it to your advantage here. ;)

• Like 2

I'm just not skilled enough to win this contest honestly, so I'm going to resort to bribery! I wrote HeroX in the 4k contest with this high score competition in mind. Bonus scores are literally frame accurate. The game has an ending and is short enough to get through in a few minutes, so it's a true speedrun.

So if someone chooses HeroX for their game of the month, I will offer up a boxed 99/4 (no A) as the prize. ;) (The VRAM in it is toast, otherwise it works. I'm still deciding if I will repair that or keep it original... maybe let the winner decide.)

:P

That is a really f'd up look at me move. You must have no shame at all. Edited by marc.hull
  • Like 1

It allows you to wait for the enemies to line up appropriately before you start. It's more a throwback to the original XB code, where I didn't control the motion of the enemies, to ensure you didn't start right on top of one... but you can use it to your advantage here. ;)

I see... I guess I'd better start using it to my advantage then!

It really is a matter of perfect timing, something I found very difficult to achieve consistently over 5 screens. I tried again this morning to better my score and simply could not do it. What I can say however is that using a proper joystick makes all the difference. I have a USB adapter for Atari joysticks coupled with a Prostick II, and it works really well for me under Classic99. It's a really stiff joystick which I personally like.

post-25753-0-44344900-1523106331_thumb.jpg

• Like 2